OS X MacBook Pro late 2012 XBMC MDP HDMI Samsung Smart TV 2014
Hello All
I have been using XBMC to great effect on my late 2012 Macbook Pro. I'm not too computer literate so stick to rather basic functions. I predominantly use Ice Films. Sports Devil and Navi X add ons. I recently purchased a Samsung UE40H6670 Smart 3D TV and only use it to stream. I thought the easiest way to connect my MBP running XBMC to the TV was to use an HDMI cable (MDP to HDMI to HDMI). The TV appears to mirror my MBP screen almost completely BUT when running XBMC the screen appears zoomed in on both devices and I can't access the entire screen.
Initially I also noticed I had no sound but I read that I need to change the audio output to HDMI in audio settings.
1) Is the HDMI the easiest way to connect to my TV?
2) What am I doing wrong?
I would appreciate any advice to help me out.
Many thanks in advance.
1. Yes

2. Don't know. Can you do a screenshot?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Attach HDMI before opening XBMC. Then make sure XBMC is using screen 2 under

Settings -> System -> Video output -> display mode
Hello Nickr

I have taken the screenshot. But how do I post it in the reply? When I copy and paste it all I get is a link which I don't think you could access. I also can't attach it as a file to the response.

Hello Ned
I can't actually access the settings when connected to the TV because the picture is too zoomed and I can't navigate to the settings on the far right.
I have disconnected the HDMI and tried to change them. My video output display mode only has two options 1) fulscreen # 1
2) widowed
It is set on 1)
http://imgur.com or any of the hundreds of internet photo sites.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you all for your help

Here are the screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/xT0an/all

1) My video settings on XBMC
2) Mirrors my MBP screen almost completely
3) Zoomed up when opening XBMC
You're mirroring the screen from the laptop, you need to use it to extend the desktop instead.
How do I "extend the desktop?"
Go into the OS X system preferences and make sure the mirroring option isn't enabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MacBook Pro late 2012 XBMC MDP HDMI Samsung Smart TV 20140