Win XBMC Frodo Upgrade
Hello,

Long time XBMC user, first time poster.

Currently we're on Frodo 12.2 which honestly works pretty great. In our house we have 4 HTPC's all running Windows 7 which are sharing an MySQL database Everything works pretty flawlessly. We have multiple Android devices, and we use Yatse with those which handles everything we need. We can even stream Blu-Ray m2ts files straight to the tablets. I love the fact that we can watch a show or movie in one room and resume in another. The integration really works great and we have a pretty extensive database now. Which brings me to my next question.

Do I need to worry about the database when upgrading? From what I can tell in the documentation, it seems to be pretty straight forward. I'm an I.T. guy though, and if I've learned anything it's documentation can leave out A LOT. So, I'm looking for input from users out there that have actually upgraded their XBMC with a shared database and any experiences good or bad.

Also, I'm thinking of putting a couple of the HTPC's on Windows 8.1. If I go to Windows 8.1, is Gotham recommended or should I go straight to Kodi? Reasons why and your experience with 8.1 and XBMC would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for any input!
All XBMC installs need to be the same version (or more specifically database version) for the MYSQL shared database to work.

Other than that it's just a matter of updating all your installations. Update one first, run XBMC, and it will update the database. Check to make sure nothing has gone awry then update the other machines.

XBMC will make a copy of the old database so you can always role back. It's never a bad idea to use mysqldump to make a backup of the database yourself though.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s/Versions
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks. I'm.going to try the.update in the next couple days and I'll report back with the results.
Upgrade went without a hitch. Thanks! All of my XBMC installs are now on Gotham.
Update: I did have one issue with Gotham. I would always rip from one PC, so that one would have the UNC path sources. The others would just grab the paths form the database. It seems Gotham does not like this when streaming from the PC's without the sources to mobile devices. The simple fix was to just enter the sources into sources.xml. Streaming now works from any PC that has the correct sources.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo Upgrade0