Chromebox Vs FireTV
I watch Netflix but I can use my PS3 for that if it is best that I do.

Otherwise looking for a box to run XBMC with the common addons. If the box could run Netflix then that would be a bonus but not necessary if it can't work as well as it does on ps3.

Thanks
Off to the trash bin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why what is wrong with my post?
You mention 3 banned subjects. Read the rules.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The topic up for discussion wasn't any add-ons. Regardless, they have been removed from the post.
Yeah best to not mention at all !

Are restricting yourself to those choices? I think both will do Netflix but you need to reboot chromebox to chromeos.

The chromebox is a real PC and will play media far better than android, and HD audio.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not restricting myself to those boxes but they seem like common popular options.

Rebooting ChromeOS to use netflix (with dualboot) i'd be just using the netflix.com website correct? I'm not sure how easy that would be easy to use with a remote controller?

I'm assuming the other option you are going to suggest other than those boxes is a NUC running windows? If so which NUC would you suggest? Looking at those I just see so many options and then trying to decide the size of hdd and amount of RAM
I thought chromeos had a Netflix app but I guess all of chromeos runs in bloody browser doesn't it? (I haven't tried one).

You can run Netflix on windows, yes. For windows I would suggest i3 nuc and 4G ram.

However there are also ways to run it on Linux, see (I'll find links and post back)

This one
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1795931

And another just for Linux, can't find right now.
As far as I'm away it's just the browser on ChromeOS for netflix use.

For Linux (ubuntu for example) could you get away with a celeron and 2 or 4 GB of ram?

I haven't heard much about NetfliXBMC.. Geez soooo many options
Celeron 2GB should be fine for openelec or ubuntu.
Yeah that's chromebox stats. Haven't seen many running ubuntu and then xbmc on there with a netflix app. Would be cool to see it working or a guide.

I may just go openelec route as plenty of people doing that. The only downfall i can see is being the lack of netflix support.
this might be interesting for the future

Desktop Linux is finally getting Netflix support
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/19/655293...ix-support
(2014-09-21, 09:17)MediaPi Wrote: this might be interesting for the future

Desktop Linux is finally getting Netflix support
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/19/655293...ix-support

Unfortunately, that looks like it is still just working in a browser which wouldn't be very user friendly working with a tv controller.
It should be possible to control with a remote. EG most of the Youtube user interface can be controlled with keys, and if it can be controlled with keys, it can be controlled with a remote.
I'm thinking about starting the browser and going to Netflix.com with the controller. May be able to program some hot keys but almost using another device for netflix may be easier. Perhaps I'm wrong

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Vs FireTV0