Automation Triggers.
Most home automation systems allow you to create an open listening socket to receive data. From this you can trigger events in your home.

The feature I am looking for is to turn on event broadcasts from XBMC.(or an add-on) Configure XBMC IPTongueort to send a packet:

Examples:
Start a movie - socket://IPTongueORT Start_Movie
Pause Movie - socket://IPTongueORT Pause_Movie

from here we can set the home to perform actions, Dim the lights, raise the lights ETC.

I think this would be a very simple feature to implement and give some compatibility to home automation systems, ATM all the plugin's I can find are based on the home sending commands to XBMC, I am looking for a way for XBMC to send commands to the home.
thats already possible with addons. Just register an event handler and then open the socket from python.
I am sure it is currently possible with add-ons i just don't think one exists yet. guess im gonna have to learn some python and xbmc scripting. i don't see it being an overly difficult script to program.
wow sad thing is i found something when searching for "event handling xbmc"

and found an addon which i think is exactly what im looking for, thanks for the keyword

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automation Triggers.0