Android IPTV Simple Client Channels, EPG and Timezones support
Question 
MODERATOR: I can't seem to delete this post? Please delete as I have resubmitted it to another more appropriate topic.
I am a newbie to Media Centre and IPTV etc with a recently installed IPTV Simple Client for LIVE TV and EPG on my new Minix X7 Android 4.2.2. box running XBMC Gotham 13.3 so please understand if I do not explain myself well.
Confused
I have gotten up to speed generally and have LIVE TV and streaming from the net and also media streaming wirelessly from my home network PC's media library to the Minix however, I still have a couple of issues which are bugging me and which I have not been able to resolve even with help from the Minix forums. Hoping someone here can help? .

The issues below have to so with the fact that I am an Australian (arguably English speaking Tongue ) expat currently living in Thailand but I suppose anyone in a timezone different to the EPG would be affected:

1. IPTV Simple Client Timezone (TimeShift?) Adjustment.
To deal with local timezone adjustments in his excellent YouTube tutorials Brandon ("Vdubt25") makes mention of changing the Timeshift value in the EPG (http://is.gd/vguide2) config for the IPTV Simple Client to adjust for your timezone. I have played around with this a couple of times moving the shift back and forward with restarts of XBMC but it doesn't make any difference to the EPG display? My timezone is UTC +7. I'm not sure what the base EPG UTC is but I guess that's only relevant when and if I get the adjustment working. Oh, my setup for Android on the Minix ox is UTC+7 or Thai time.

2. Global XBMC Language and Region Settings
In the International Settings for Language and Region you can select English only for the US,UK, AU and NZ regions. The Language setting then effects the Regions you can choose and for English it supports a 12 or 24 hour clock in US, UK, AU & NZ only?

I'm not sure if this has any impact on the EPG times but being resident in Thailand English is not selectable? At present I have my Language set as English (AU) and Region as Australia due to my being an Aussie of course.
Also, on the top RHS of the EPG display in the Confluence (default) skin the time is shown as my Minix Android time (my local time in Thailand).

Can anyone clarify any of the above and how these settings work and interact?

3. Channel List and EPG
It seems the Channel List (http://xty.me/vdubt25) doesn't appear to show all the channels? During the channel and EPG loads from the net (not cached) when I open XBMC the first time with the Simple IPTV client I was presented with over 300 channels and it now shows over 400 but I only see about 150 actual channels in both the Channel List and the EPG shows even less? It seems like it may be showing correct accumulated numbers but not actually loading all of the information when I load XBMC and it refreshes off the URLs?
BY the way. a suggestion to reset the EPG database didn't work.

Are these software glitches or can I fine tune settings like set a start-up delay or or something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple Client Channels, EPG and Timezones support0