XBMC on iOS 8 Crashing
Guys

I have a build that is installed on a non Jailbroken iPad and has worked well on 7.1.2, unfortunately I made the mistake of updating to iOS 8 and now my XBMC crashes when trying to play any video, Gutted!

I was hoping that anyone could shed some light on a build that works with iOS 8 . I know its early days but hopefully someone is already on to this!

Thanks
You are the developer obviously (as you can run on non jailbroken ios8 via appsigning). There will be no official support for this setup - you are on your own.

I just would try to deactivate the videotoolbox hardware acceleration in xbmc (system->video) - it might be a problem with VTB because it moved to a public location since ios8 (its a public framework finally - yay).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That worked! Thanks for the info appreciate it

btw, I am not a developer, I got this build from these guys www.infusum.tv
(2014-09-22, 11:28)MichaelFaraday Wrote: That worked! Thanks for the info appreciate it

btw, I am not a developer, I got this build from these guys www.infusum.tv

Then they are in clear violation of Apple guidelines because they signed it for you?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have no idea about the Apple guidelines about signing apps but I am sure they also include not allowing jailbreaking which was the other choice!
Wow this is some badass illegal site. I recommend NOT to pay anyone for signing ios apps - as it only needs some time until Apple will revoke the sign powers of the used certificate driving all the installations useless.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iOS 8 Crashing0