TV show NFO scrapper to have directory depth
it seems that this scrapper is more in line with downloaded episodes then dvd image files

my data base for movies and tv series are in ISO format each in their own folder

the Movie Local NFO scrapper is able to go deep enough to find all the episodes including the tv shows

the TV show local NFO scrapper does not have this option to scan deep like the movies

could the same option be added for the TV show scrapper as the movie scrapper has

I currently use Mymovies to build the data base and it builds the NFO file for each disc image in its own folder

typical path for tv series

\\MEDIASERVER\Videos\tvseries\StarGate SG1\Season 01\Disc 01\Stargate SG-1- Season 1- Volume 1.ISO

typical path for movies and it works great on this

\\MEDIASERVER\Videos\movies\Spy Game\Spy Game.ISO
The TV NFO scraper option has no issues with reclusive scanning as long as the naming conventions are correct: Naming video files (wiki).

Your Stargate example does not follow that naming convention, which is why it fails. It's not because of the scraper.
the Movie one works at finding it with out issues it has a option for individual file in folder

the movie one found this one but the tv one did not go deep enough

\\MEDIASERVER\Videos\Star Trek Enterprise\Season 01\Disc 01\Star Trek- Enterprise- The Complete First Season.ISO

I am only asking for the TV one to have the same option as the movie one since one works the other does not
(2014-09-22, 01:34)trentjw Wrote: the Movie one works at finding it with out issues it has a option for individual file in folder

I am only asking for the TV one to have the same option

Wouldn't make any difference as your naming is at fault as the TV scrapers expect to see season and episode numbers, your example has no episode numbers so has no chance of working, read the link Ned gave.
explain why the movie one picks them up then if they don't work

I don't expect it to grab the episodes being a ISO image even mymovies in media center does not do that I just want it to pick up in the tv shows so I can select the show in what ever season I choose rather then have to go through all the movies to find a tv show

geeze I only ask that it finds the dumb iso file not map out episodes

since XBMC has both a movie directory and TV show directory much like mymovies and the movie NFO scrapper has the ability to find ISO then the TV NFO scrapper should be able to have it as well

sorry for bringing on a impossible task
Shows in the TV section are only shown in the form of show listing then seasons and then episodes, hence we need to be provided with that information, you can't not have episodes. For DVD iso image files we need the episode numbers in the filename so we can associate that iso with multiple episodes, all of this is explained on the wiki.

The movie section obviously has no concept of episodes so will only show a single entry for each DVD iso image hence why it's added.
Movies use a different name convention.

If you just want it to see the TV show then that should already be happening with your example, assuming you have a TV show level NFO file. If you don't then just use the default scraper and it will look up the info online.

If you want the episodes themselves, XBMC can do that even with ISO files. Just read the link I posted.
only need it to go to the show then seasons

unless it has the ability to start the episode from a iso image that is something mymovies is not able to do it can only start the iso to the root menu regardless which episode you select

if that is the case that would be awesome

I did try the default scraper it only went to the first level directory then stopped did not even find season 01

the movie nfo scraper found all 4 seasons and all the discs
XBMC can start a specific episode from an ISO, thanks to Episode bookmarks (wiki) :)
okay I still am unable to get the TV show to pick up TV Series ISO images at all

if I use the online Database scrapper it finds Terminator even though the directory has no terminator since I don't have it

and a blank folder shows up in the TV series tab

if I use Local NFO only then nothing shows up

I tried building a tvshow.nfo file and it does not find that either
Did you do what we told you to do? Did you read the wiki pages that tell you exactly how to set this up?
yes I did but thanks for the awesomely vague responce

I have read the wiki pages and get conflicting information

(2014-09-22, 02:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Movies use a different name convention.

If you just want it to see the TV show then that should already be happening with your example, assuming you have a TV show level NFO file. If you don't then just use the default scraper and it will look up the info online.

If you want the episodes themselves, XBMC can do that even with ISO files. Just read the link I posted.

I only need it to find the ISO and by your quote it should already be doing that

and since you don't seem to know the answer to the question that I asked other then read the wiki pages again thank you
Sorry, let me clarify. You can scrape (NFO or online) a poster, artwork, description, for the TV show itself and then use Videos -> Files to browse. XBMC/Kodi combines library views with file views, so you can see the TV show presented with nice artwork instead of just a plain file folder. Then you just open that and you can play the ISO.

If you want the ISO to be playable from the "TV Shows" library view, then the ISO file itself needs to be renamed in a way that XBMC/Kodi understands. For example:

Star Trek Enterprise\Season 01\Disc 01\S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07E08E09E10E11E12E13E14E15E16E17E18E19E20E21E22E23E24E25E26.ISO
(2014-11-03, 18:34)Ned Scott Wrote: Sorry, let me clarify. You can scrape (NFO or online) a poster, artwork, description, for the TV show itself and then use Videos -> Files to browse. XBMC/Kodi combines library views with file views, so you can see the TV show presented with nice artwork instead of just a plain file folder. Then you just open that and you can play the ISO.

If you want the ISO to be playable from the "TV Shows" library view, then the ISO file itself needs to be renamed in a way that XBMC/Kodi understands. For example:

Star Trek Enterprise\Season 01\Disc 01\S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07E08E09E10E11E12E13E14E15E16E17E18E19E20E21E22E23E24E25E26.ISO

Thank you for finally clearing that up. I just don't understand why people want to have their shit labeled a certain way and then come back crying that it won't scrape or cry that THEIR way should be incorporated into kodi. I was there too people, just get off your high horse and name your files the way the wiki says and you will have Z-E-R-O problems!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show NFO scrapper to have directory depth0