question about VNSI
Hi, just a quick question:

can anyone actually use VNSI properly?

meaning: Open up XBMC, wait for channels to load and then just switch from channel to channel.

for me, it never works on a regular basis. I get loads of random "no data" - which with xvdr never happpened in earlier versions in Windows.

I know it's all beta, but is VNSI just not ready yet - or is there something I can do to make it more useable?

btw: words cannot express my gratitude and love for a project such as XBMC / KODI
yes, 82 views and nobody can identify themselves with me. As if ...!
I missed this because you did not post in the vdr section. I use it on a daily basis and don't observe those kind of issues. What versions of xbmc, vdr, vnsi addon , vnsiserver do you use?
Hi, thanks for caring FernetMenta!

The issues I have aren't temporary issues. I was never able to use any of the VNSI versions without the same problems.

Example: I run XBMC. Channels load. I want to open up a channel. And sometimes, yes, I see a moving picture, but sometimes not. Sometimes I switch to a channel and it says "no data", sometimes not. There is never a consistency. It always happens randomly.

The only way it works is when I press x to close the channel (which is just buffering). Then try a different transponder (because same won't change this behaviour), then go back to the channel I actually want to watch. Then it shows properly.

This happens almost always when I switch from one channel to the next.

Maybe it's not VNSI, but my DD CineS2 or something else on my system,

I have an updated Archlinux system running. I tried both Gotham and Helix. I use vdr4arch which I also always try to update every couple weeks. Btw: I never update on the day I see updates. I always wait a week or more.

Oh and: my experiences with XBMC are on Windows 8.1 - so far, I haven't used XBMC in Linux. (I use XEN 4.4)

I was just curious if it's just me.

FernetMenta: do you think it might be my DVB-S2 Sat-Tuner then?
Is this a twin tuner card? If so, use the new setup parameter to disable egp while streaming. https://github.com/FernetMenta/vdr-plugi...5c26ff6eff
This is in vnsiserver 1.2.0

btw: "no data" means that vnsi does not get anything from the dvb device.
yeah, the "no data " is a complete mystery to me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not - same channel!

yes, the DD CineS2 is a twin-tuner card.

this is my current VNSI version: vdr-vnsiserver-2:1.0.0_5_g031f69b-1

how would I setup the parameter? Is there a certain .conf file or something?
vnsiserver.AvoidEPGScan in vdr's setup.conf
You can set this also via the vdr UI in XBMC,
so I would add vnsiserver.AvoidEPGScan = 1 to the end of setup.conf ?

It'd be great if that's the solution Smile
(2014-09-23, 21:11)3000 Wrote: so I would add vnsiserver.AvoidEPGScan = 1 to the end of setup.conf ?

yes, I hope this helps. If not let me know
Hi, I had the chance to test a bit and unfortunately, that didn't do it.

I start xbmc and try to switch to one channel and it says "no data", then I change to another transponder and then it works.

could it be some other configuration?
I just realized something: I selected a handful of channels to replace my old channels.conf

After a few minutes there were tons of channels. Something is automatically scanning the transponders. I thought I deinstalled w_scan, but maybe that's the reason for those channels popping up in my channels.conf

I suppose if scanning EPG can cause issues, then scanning channels definitely can, right?

I just checked again: I definitely deinstalled w_scan and don't have wirbelscan.

Must be somthing else
vdr automatically updates channels by default, see parameter UpdateChannels in setup.conf. set to 3 if you don't want new channels. 4 if you want new channels but no new transponders.
Ok, thanks a lot. I'll change it and will have a close look how thing are then.

But I assume you don't think that's causing it, right?

Btw: I once used xvdr instead of vnsi when it was still supported (and updated on Windows) and never had the "no data" error
can you set vdr logging level to 3 and post syslog? vdr/vnsi should log something if it cannot tune to the requested channel.

EDIT: you have both inputs of your twin tuner card connected to lnb or multi switch?
thank you, I will post the log (I just have to figure out how first)

Yes, I have both inputs connected and e.g.: I want to watch and record two different transponders - that works without any hickups. No probems with it whatsoever

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question about VNSI0