HK IPTV on android box
Hi

Im new to xbmc. I thought it would be a good idea to ditch my over priced cable tv with something more cost effective and fun. I bought a minix x8-h android box for this. I got it with the m1 remote too. So far, the machine can handle everything. however, I am having some question on setting up iptv. I want to watch live Chinese tv news, mainly from HK. does anyone know what and how I can setup my device so I can do so? I try following some guide on youtube and on this forum on configuring PVR client, but those only give me western channels, like UK. If anyone can give me some hints or instruction on this, that would be great.
Why does everyone expect to be able to get an Android box coupled with XBMC and automatically get a bunch of TV channels for free? You'll either need to find some (usually poor quality) IPTV streams or get a real TV tuner and install a backend. I don't even know if the latter is possible on Android at the moment.
(2014-09-22, 11:54)negge Wrote: Why does everyone expect to be able to get an Android box coupled with XBMC and automatically get a bunch of TV channels for free? You'll either need to find some (usually poor quality) IPTV streams or get a real TV tuner and install a backend. I don't even know if the latter is possible on Android at the moment.

Well, I never expect anything that is worth doing to be free. I just want to know if there is anyway to do it, since I am live in america, and don't know if TV tuner can pick up signal or frequency (or whatever the term is) half way across the globe. I also want to know if there are people with similar circumstance as me, and see if I can get any tips from them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HK IPTV on android box0