how to start using xmbc
i am brand new to this forum so forgive my ignorance. i downloaded the latest version today and my problem is how do i begin to open and download to get this to open, i have looked through the forum but i cannot find how to begin. help badly as i am a complete novice. thank you in advance
i would say read wiki or watch youtube videos m8 as it can be alot to take in starting out and there is alot to take in ;-)
Thanks kizzer 31 for your reply, i have already tried wiki and got lost in the technicals. whats that about youtube?
See wiki First_time_user (wiki)
thanks m8, it is not easy when i am a 67 year old dummy but i will get there with your help. again thank you.
afraid i didnt get passed the first hurdle. i put in http://link removed and saved and then i put *fushion and when i tried to go there i get message that i have no internet connection. i know i have and in settings it says internet connected, can you please help me.
We can't help you with that here as it is pirated content, you'll have to go to the relevant fansite for support on that.
sorry but i got the thread of another site as i am trying to get going and i am still blinkered about how and what i can load to get it working, as stated i do need help so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be very happy, thank you for your reply.
Download XBMC from the front page here

http://xbmc.org/download/

Install XBMC by double clicking on the downloaded file.

Accept all the default locations for install.

Load XBMC by double clicking on the icon on the desktop.

NOTE: The site you mentioned is a fan site and nothing to do with us. Its always best to use our official downloads so you know what you are installing.

Once XBMC loads up, its pretty simple to navigate using the curser keys on the keyboard and Enter and Escape (to go backwards)
Zag, thanks for reply, i have already loaded the latest download called Kobi but now what do i do, i can open and go to setting /filemanager and then full stop so whats the next step or where do i find the proper downloads.
Depends what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to just browse your audio and video files you need to add them as a source by pressing C on the keyboard and "add source".

This should all be in the First time user documents linked above.
Will keep trying but i am a novice and at 67 find the tecnicals difficult, a pity there is no dummy xbmc section, anyway i feel i will be asking for even more help and thanks for your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to start using xmbc0