Linux renaming files for use in xbmc
hi all, Im totally new to this so i apologize in advance for my first few posts being questions.

I have always watched my digital copies of films on my PC, as such, i have until now always named my films simple as the title of the film: i.e. "Captain America", "300", or "x-men"

Now that I'm using XBMCbuntu i find that i would be better off naming them something like "Captain_America_Bluray_2011"

unfortunately i have somewhere in the region of 2000 documentaries, films, TV series, and Animations. going through all of them with "f2, types the new name, tab, type the new name" etc will take me FOREVER!!! is there any software which i can use to edit my files more quickly. for example a batch re-namer which will just 'add' to or edit the current name rather than completely replacing it?

you will save me hours possibly days of work if you can help, thanks for the assist in advance.

and if it makes a difference, i have xbmc and a windows 8 laptop to work with.
Check the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sup...name_tools

If it was a windows machine, I would have said theRenamer would do drag & drop entire folders.
Why do you post in the Linux forum when using XBMC on Windows?

Anyway, you don't have to spend to much energy to rename all your files, just let the scraper do what it's made for.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
(2014-09-22, 16:44)Bobby Blixberg Wrote: Why do you post in the Linux forum when using XBMC on Windows?

Anyway, you don't have to spend to much energy to rename all your files, just let the scraper do what it's made for.

"Now that I'm using XBMCbuntu" & "i have xbmc and a windows 8 laptop to work with" as in i have an xbmcbuntu PC media centre AND a separate windows 8 laptop. the forum is for xbmc on linux or XBMCBuntu

The files are stored on a NAS drive so can be edited on either machine.
Check this out -> http://www.filebot.net/

Cross platform, so you can use it on either machine.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks black eagle, ill give it a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
renaming files for use in xbmc0