Bug Subtitles broken
Played file is an mkv with ASS subtitles inside the mkv. Windows 7 x86.
KodiSetup-20140917-54e1e66-master : Subtitles are displayed.
KodiSetup-20140918-f6a3308-master : Error preventing start of programm because of missing dll.
KodiSetup-20140919-7a93c1d-master : Subtitles are not displayed anymore.

Configuration strictly the same each time of course.

Big thing being the ffmpeg bump, there is a high probability the bump broke something.
Don't think it worth a ticket from now.
Issue confirmed on Linux as well. Seems to be related to FF_API_ASS_SSA feature removed from ffmpeg 2.4
If you want it fixed then create a Trac ticket including steps to replicate, log files and if possible a sample file to show the problem.
(2014-09-22, 14:13)skuller Wrote: Issue confirmed on Linux as well. Seems to be related to FF_API_ASS_SSA feature removed from ffmpeg 2.4

http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg...62671.html <-upstream says that was only dead code ... so most likely not the reason.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:If you want it fixed then create a Trac ticket including steps to replicate, log files and if possible a sample file to show the problem.

There is a ticket #15444 already created. I've commented there with some more info.

(2014-09-22, 14:49)fritsch Wrote: http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg...62671.html <-upstream says that was only dead code ... so most likely not the reason.

That code was active in ffmpeg-2.3.2-Helix-alpha3 previously bundled with xbmc (the version where subtitles work), but removed in ffmpeg-2.4-Helix-alpha4 (where subtitles no longer work).
There still an issue.
You can get the test file here.
The subtitle of the first scene is displayed properly with KodiSetup-20140917-54e1e66-master, but is not displayed with KodiSetup-20140923-ba3e797-master. Other subtitles aftewards seems displayed properly.
Should i open a ticket ? Maybe ticket 15444 has been closed a little too fast.
Doing non regression tests on several files test i keep for check, i've encounter others issues. KodiSetup-20140917-54e1e66-master works fine, but not KodiSetup-20140923-ba3e797-master.
There a good chance they are all related, and fix one will probably fix them all. They are timing/display issues. Things which should be displayed stayed displayed.

Get the file here.
Karaoke exhibit some wrong display.

Get the file here.
You can see "Speed limit" wrongly displayed, a part stay displayed when it shouldn't.

Get the file here.
You can also see on karaoke (left up), that previous text stay displayed when it shouldn't.

I'll open a ticket finaly.

Ticket #15449 opened.
A fix was merged yesterday, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5399

[edit] Ah sorry, are you saying even after the fix you've still got a problem?
Ok I see now that KodiSetup-20140923-ba3e797-master does include PR5399 so something further is needed.
After a use of one week, i've been bothered by what seems an abnormal behavior of subtitles, i didn't remember having.
So, i've tested (test made on an i7@860) :
- Media Player Classic (with VS_Filter and ffdshow) : Ok
- VLC : Ok
- XBMCSetup-20140910-b0ef3de-master : Ok
- KodiSetup-20140917-54e1e66-master : Ok
- KodiSetup-20141004-e6d2fb6-master : Not Ok !! Sad
Test file can be found here.
There is still performance and/or management issues on subtitltes.
All the Ok version play the file normaly, but with the last, there is video playback issues, a lot of dropped frames and not displayed subtitles.
I'll open another ticket.

Ticket 15469.
The issue i'm having is that the subs of the previous episode of any tv show is shows up even after downloading the right subs.
I have to manually delete the subs file from C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\kodi\ (subtitleplugin temp folder).
This must be repeated with every episode.
I don't know what happened to subtitles, but it seems things have been messed-up.
I've just tested KodiSetup-20141018-b5947af-master, and it seems that all the subtitles related issues are back. Seems because :
- Subtitles are not displayed, and issues described in post 10/ticket 15469 seems back. There is no subtitles, but video freeze like it was doing when i've created the ticket.
I've roled back to the test version provided during the ticket.
known. fix will come
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
for the record, this is a completely different reason now: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15490
Ok. Thanks guys for your work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles broken0