A few of my .nfo files stopped working and I'm not sure why, please help!
Upgraded to Gotham 13.2, I keep all my movies in one folder and use the Universal Movie Scraper to grab the movie information from IMDB for most of the films (I prefer using IMDB), however a few IMDB doesn't readily find so I created some really basic .nfo files to point XBMC to the MovieDB to identify a handful. They were working before I upgraded and now it's seemed to have stopped. Here is an example:

D:\Videos\Film
Journey Live in Houston 1981 (2006).iso
Journey Live in Houston 1981 (2006).nfo

Contents of .nfo:

<movie>
<title>Journey - Live in Houston 1981: The Escape Tour</title>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/69262-jo...scape-tour

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You should be able to auto scrape the majority of videos, then change content to the scraper of choice and manually re=scrape individual files. If the contents of your .nfo where complete, you could have used the ,nfo in the set content.

Note the wiki for a template of a .nfo file.
I looked at the wiki and I can't figure out where my .nfo files don't adhere to the templates? All I want is to set the title and have it scrape the rest of the information from the URL provided after </movie>, as I said this method was working fine with the same .nfo before I upgraded, so I suspected maybe the way XBMC read the .nfo files had changed slightly and it wasn't reflected in the wiki. Is there anything wrong with the way I have the .nfo file set up currently?
My .nfo files never did look like yours...http://pastebin.com/GyHd80dM

I don't know what scraper or 3rd party software that saves the database URL as the .nfo Most of my titles have been scraped with the Universal scarper (mostly IMDB settings). If I fail to get the correct movie, I'll manually enter the </id> as just the tt number with the tt's ei:tt0383010) and the target page will populate. Keep in mind that I add only a few titles at time and have had no cause to re-scrape my library from scratch. Once scraped, and export of the library as separate files writes out the .nfo should I require the re-scrape, it will all happen locally. Occasionally I will have to switch scrapers (you do this in the parent folder) and then manually scrape the item in question. Very rarely do I have to make a custom .nfo from scratch, but I have done itSmile I prefer to use the rename, or extras plugin etc.

If the file-names are correct as in Star Wars (2006) the scrape or rescan should be good.
I've used this format for movies quite often with no problems. According to the wiki this should work with any website, but perhaps that has changed. You could try using the imdb url just as a test.
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3068596
Might also try a different scraper. I can verify that this format works with UMS and imdb. Used it for 4 movies just a couple of days ago.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks wgstarks, i'll try a different URL and see if it works.

According to the wiki my .nfo looks legit (and it worked before I upgraded). Moreover the URL i'm pointing the content to is the site that the default movie scraper checks, The Movie Database. I prefer to use IMDB, so i downloaded a different scraper to pull info for my movies from there but some of them aren't readily listed on IMDB but are on XBMC's default scraper site TMDb, so I use the .nfo's to find those few odd apples.

I still don't understand why this isn't working anymore, i feel like it's something so simple that i probably need to adjust, I just can't figure it out!
UMS has always worked very well for me.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks, I actually have been using UMS all along (see first sentence of original post), the problem is not everything i own is listed or listed completely on imdb.

Took your advice and changed the URL to the imdb on and it scraped just fine, so its just not reading that TMDb url anymore. I tried variations but cant get it to work, what gives? TMDb is the default scraper site for movies, right? Think its maybe a problem with UMS and Gotham or something?
You could be right. You might try posting this issue to the UMS thread with a debug log of you trying to scan a couple of movies that won't work. Not too many or the log file will be too large to post. Looks like the wiki needs updating as well.

You can also use an nfo to build a complete listing manually. There are some tools (software) available to generate an nfo for you. Just a workaround for any videos that just refuse to scrape.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few of my .nfo files stopped working and I'm not sure why, please help!0