Closed Captions
Don't know where to post this but since I am using Open ELEC I guess its best here..

I have a hearing Impairment and I can not find a way to turn on Closed Captions.. I am not talking about Subtitles that Movies have but if you watch a TV Program there is Closed Captions with that program along with any News program that come out of US or Canada News Programs are Real Time Captions..

Any IdeaHuh

Thanks
currently we don't have any demuxer which is capable of extracting ATSC CC which are muxed into the video stream. FOr recordings you can use tools like ccextractor.
Sigh.. is there anything in the Pipe for future??

Cuz there is a very large Deaf population in both the US and Canada not to mention all the Baby Boomers who are getting older like me :-) and just can not understand the dialogue on these TV show no matter how loud you turn it UP.

To get a feel of how isolating it is . mute your TV and Watch the news or some Documentary

Thanks
Plans we always make, but "time" is the big problem. If you have some of that time, we would be very thankful if you would start something in that direction. We could pick up that code and get it going and implemented together.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It also depends on the backend you use. What is it? TVH, Myth, VNSI would need to implement it in their own demuxers. All other backends require ffmpeg to implement it.
I would be more than happy to assist, but I only know enuff to be dangerous.. I can totally agree with the "Time" constraints... when you are a construction crew of one and trying to build a house there is no extra time.
Then FernetMenta comes along and rattles off a bunch of terms that sound like Greek to me I realize that I am nothing more than gnat trying to bully and elephant.. and that not gonna work..

Keep up the good work and just keep that idea in mind.. is all I can ask..

Thanks
I was just asking what pvr backend you have in use.
I'm using a Lap top running Open ELEC
But what backend? Ie what software captures your TV ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Answer the following question:

Do you use VDR?
Do you use tvheadend?
Do you use hdhomerun?
Do you use mythtv?
Do you use Windows Media PVR?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am encouraged that it appears that Kodi 15 will begin to support atsc-cc http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15523
I am using tvheadend backend with kodi as the frontend on multiple systems and can't wait to get astc-cc.
its available in nightly builds. Everyone that wants/needs this should start testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closed Captions0