Req Dolby Digital transcoding
(2014-09-23, 10:41)loekf Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 20:59)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 20:38)bsteiner69 Wrote: The movie Transformers: Age of Extinction has a new Dolby True HD (ATMOS) audio track that won't play in XBMC. The very small amount of research I've done on this indicates the only video player that will play it is PowerDVD.
All the other Dolby Digital and DTS tracks have worked with SPIDF optical.
I have seen an issue with DTS-HD on a few movies. When I watch with the audio setting under HDMI setting instead of SPIDF optical, the movie moves really slowly without audio. If the audio setting is set to optical instead of HDMI it plays perfectly. I'm assuming its playing as DTS audio, though, because DTS-HD is grayed out under optical setting but shows up if HDMI is selected. I have both connections from my computer to AV receiver because my video card is using a DVI-HDMI cable and WMC doesn't seem to recognize HDMI audio but optical works well from motherboard..

Totally off topic.

It's a known issue which is already fixed for possible future version depending on ffmpeg release

If you go to the ffmpeg dev site, you will see that a patch has been made to fix parsing a TrueHD header with Atmos. I managed to find two demo/test
streams from the upcoming Transformers release and you hear/see that e.g. VLC can't decode the TrueHD track with Atmos content.

If Kodi/XBMC can just stream the TrueHD track to my receiver all is ok, my Onkyo receiver is supposed to get a firmware update this month to enable Atmos decoding.

The Transformers Atmos remux is exactly what drove me to find this thread. And here I thought it was problems with the ALSA/Pulseaudio switch that caused me issues. Whew! Glad to know. For those who don't know, in this specific track there is a regular 5.1 Dolby Digital track you can switch to. It works for now.
(2014-09-23, 11:21)da-anda Wrote: @loekf - see https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/pull/2

@da-anda: I saw that the ticket has been re-opened again. Does this mean that ffmpeg 2.4.1 (??) will support
TrueHD tracks with Atmos content ? So nightly builts work ok now ??

I tested the LAV filters (MPC HC) with Transformers 4 and it works ok. Arcsoft's Totalmedia works ok as well.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Digital transcoding0