Android Audio output greyed out
Recently I bought a Cu-box i4. Runs on Android 4.4.2, on which I installed XBMC Gotham (13.2). Everything works smootly, exept one annoying thing: I cannot change my Audio output.
I want this to play my music files on my receiver through optical out, but when I try to change the audio output i see the line Audio Output device which says: android, audiotrack. This is greyed out and I cannot change it. Same thing with Passthrough options. Is this a problem with XBMC or with Android? Any thoughts on how to get my optical out working?
Many thanks for your help!
android problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have a similar problem with an ugoos ug007b android device with Kitkat 4.4.2.
I use audio out via HDMI for movies and a separate attached USB audio device for playing music (when TV is turned off).
This works without problems, but to change the audio interface I have to go into the android settings and change the default audio device.
Is it possible to somehow toggle the audio interface inside xbmc?
(2014-09-22, 10:05)Ruudtb205 Wrote: Recently I bought a Cu-box i4. Runs on Android 4.4.2, on which I installed XBMC Gotham (13.2). Everything works smootly, exept one annoying thing: I cannot change my Audio output.
I want this to play my music files on my receiver through optical out, but when I try to change the audio output i see the line Audio Output device which says: android, audiotrack. This is greyed out and I cannot change it. Same thing with Passthrough options. Is this a problem with XBMC or with Android? Any thoughts on how to get my optical out working?
Many thanks for your help!

The passthrough options and a few others should be enabled when you switch to expert mode (bottom left corner, there's a setting in yellow text).
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2014-09-23, 22:50)yokomaka Wrote: Is it possible to somehow toggle the audio interface inside xbmc?

No as from what I understand it's an OS level setting that apps have no control over.
Since it's a cubox-i, I'd try the OpenELEC or Geexbox builds for it. You'd loose access to Android apps, but you'll have better audio control.
Thanks all for the reply. I'm beginning to think its an Android problem. I switched to Expert mode in Settings, but it still says android, audiotrack and is greyed out.I came upon a program called Soundabout in which it is possible to reroute your audio to different audio devices. It does something, because when I change the audio options I have no sound through HDMI any ore. furthermore: No succes.....Sad

I heard that Geebox or OpenElec work fine - including the audio options. One problem: I loose the possibility to browse the internet, as both don't have a browser.
As I see it I have two options: switch to android 4.3 to see if that has the soundoptions, or switch to Linux. Both have their drawbacks and especially Linux is a black box for me. So I hope one of the dev's can come up with a solution for this...

If I come upon a solution I will post it here! If anyone else has it: hope you share....Nod
using new fire tv w 4k resolution 2015 1st release... installed tvmc edition and did config upgrade through the programs/maintenance tools//config wizard. trying to do an easy configuration w multiple devices for friends/family that can easily be fixed w all the same "easy" steps hopefully... needing to fix the audio output issue... it's really quiet. i can increase w the menu during video thru audio options but that makes little difference. in the kodi settings settings "output device" is greyed, i've changed the passthrough etc.. they still remain greyed..

the "audio output device" remains grey as well, even after i followed a tutorial on deleting the xml source/f

is this an issue w new fires or is this just an issue w me? i've been trying to find new shit but it's not happening
Tongue 
Hey guys,
I recently updated my kodi player in my himedia q10 pro from 17.1 to 17.6 but now the real issue have started. The DTS capable and Dolby true HD capable receiver option is not showing, also the audio output device is greyed out, kodi is literally getting on my nerves, at the moment I am using my himedia media player which is playing all video as audio formats correctly, bus I do want to use kodi and get it fixed, can anyone help me pls .
Shitty boxes with broken firmware are going on my nerves. Background for those that want to read: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

And even worse: Users that refuse to read. Your Debug Log is telling 100% clear why you don't have passthrough capabilities. Next time you save 50 cents when buying a box, check before what kind of capabilities you need ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio output greyed out0