• 6(current)
Realtek RTD1195 / RTD1295 based Android media players violate Kodi's GPL license!
(2015-01-21, 17:26)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 17:06)Skank Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 17:04)movie78 Wrote: XBMC playback doesn't work...

I had a old firmware that XBMC playback work, but no HD Audio.

you said that it does work with rtkplayer inside xbmc, so for me thats ok On it doesn't work
i dont mind which player, as long as it starts in xbmc gui, and when its done, it auto returns to xbmc

It only work with an old firmware.
But the new is no go

what do you mean on it?

zappiti players are on the way, should be there in 2 days, according to them , everything works launching from xbmc and using rtikplayer
So, people said its exactly as eweat or the other one, but why is it then it works with zappiti
think if eweat or realtek or I don´t know who, solve that KODI calls RKT player, mantains stable and then return to KODI interface....and plays BD menus...it will be the absolute winner among all other media players....

Also, I don´t know if movie78 has the same problem with M195, a cannot see the device in full screen....it shows like 2 or 3% black bars on every corner ( left , right, up,down)
when it´s start... shows full screen and then makes a little zoom out and a dialog box appears for 1 second saying " reassign focus for workspace" or something like this.... did anyone saw that sign?
thanks!
(2015-01-21, 18:01)herhelman Wrote: think if eweat or realtek or I don´t know who, solve that KODI calls RKT player, mantains stable and then return to KODI interface....and plays BD menus...it will be the absolute winner among all other media players....

Also, I don´t know if movie78 has the same problem with M195, a cannot see the device in full screen....it shows like 2 or 3% black bars on every corner ( left , right, up,down) You can temporary fix that by just clicking on the zoom button on the remote.
when it´s start... shows full screen and then makes a little zoom out and a dialog box appears for 1 second saying " reassign focus for workspace" or something like this.... did anyone saw that sign?
thanks!

(2015-01-21, 17:36)Skank Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 17:26)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 17:06)Skank Wrote: you said that it does work with rtkplayer inside xbmc, so for me thats ok On it doesn't work
i dont mind which player, as long as it starts in xbmc gui, and when its done, it auto returns to xbmc

It only work with an old firmware.
But the new is no go

what do you mean on it?

zappiti players are on the way, should be there in 2 days, according to them , everything works launching from xbmc and using rtikplayer
So, people said its exactly as eweat or the other one, but why is it then it works with zappiti

I don't what Zappiti are using to make their device work, i guess we wait and see once some user get it their hand.

And i hope we can flash the Zappiti firmware on the Eweat and M-195.

As for now i am using Eweat Firmware on my M-195

XBMC does display in 1080p
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
thanks movie78!!!

now i see in full screen !!!

BTW...the new firmware in eweat thailand doens´t change anything....
Zappiti firmware is very unlikely to have any difference from eweat firmware except GUI since firmware development is from China and Realtek SDK. Zappiti must press Realtek to solve very serious playback problems to justify the 249 euro price tag :
1. solve mkv 23.976 playback.. now is 24hz
2. auto frame resolution change for 25 and 50 hz... now is 60
3. support original Kodi without Realtek player
4. nfs client support to play from network
5. change subtitle font (the one they use is horrible) with ansi support for all languages and correct other problems like Greek subtitles missing letters and many more
Mmm so nobody with this chipset can:

- start from within xbmc (using rtkplayer) a 3d iso mvc or bdmv folder structure bluray with hd audio with succes yet?
Kyrliot, are you sure that 23.976 it´s not working? i played a 23,976 video tests and runs smooth... but projector shows 24p on the info....so i could be wrong

Kodi doesn´t work at all... ( or any realtek customized version)

About network... I have a buffalo Linkstation Pro duo wired and eweat´s works perfect playing 3d iso movies from network ( naming as an example of a huge single file) with realtek player, of course

subtitle is horrible and sometimes doesn´t work...except on bluray isos, it uses a different system ( i think is the graphical internal sub from bluray)
Can you explain kodi doesnt work at all?
What doesnt work? playing vids using kodi player of kodi doenst work using rtk player?
any video you try to play with kodi or any variation (XBMC realtek custom version) with lastest firmware, with HD audio doesnt work. "cant play video" dialog box.

old firmwares, with no hd passtrough worked, but ..as i remember, with no HW acceleration.
gonna have my eyes serious on zappiti then
Yes...but keep in mind that zappiti has the same hardware, same remote (on the first pictures i saw) and now they´re offering an air mouse ,both are exactly the same as eweat! they´re OEM...not any brand in the remote....just the same oem as eweat!!
I´m praying for a new KODI that works and if it´s not.... try to use zappiti firmware!!!!
i do know that, but something tells me it will work on zappiti
(2015-01-23, 13:16)herhelman Wrote: Kyrliot, are you sure that 23.976 it´s not working? i played a 23,976 video tests and runs smooth... but projector shows 24p on the info....so i could be wrong

Kodi doesn´t work at all... ( or any realtek customized version)

About network... I have a buffalo Linkstation Pro duo wired and eweat´s works perfect playing 3d iso movies from network ( naming as an example of a huge single file) with realtek player, of course

subtitle is horrible and sometimes doesn´t work...except on bluray isos, it uses a different system ( i think is the graphical internal sub from bluray)

Which file did you use to test for 23.976 support? I recommend the scrolling motion bars one.
Either this:
http://st7.us/MotionBarsH264.7z
Or this:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5mvgsn

According to Zappiti, it will play the 23.976 files at 24.000 and cause noticeable stutter every 42 seconds.
I'm also interested if it plays the 59.940 sample files at 60.000.

What network protocol were you using with your buffalo Linkstation Pro? Samba, NFS, DLNA?
Thanks wizziwig ! I use another set of test files but i will use those today....

I don´t know if i´m using NFS or Samba, I don´t know how to check it, i´m not using DNLA... i only use DNLA only in an old samsung tv ( with wifi) but without a media player.

Eweat realtek player find it on the network automatically, WD TV live find it manually as "windows shares" so i think wd uses samba....but i´m not sure ( i have both players)

I tested KODI 15 and 14 and both plays blu rays iso and all formats w/o HW acceleration, no HD audio and of course, no 3d ( I know kodi doesn´t play 3d bd iso) it shows top gun BD menu but it doesn´t shows back to the future BD menus ( both movies ripped by myself from my bluray discs , 1:1)

So, i don´t think any firmware update will fix KODI problems, eweat works 100% great with all my mkv and iso´s videos ( ok, i need to test the 23,976 videos) so they need to release a customized KODI version for realtek with HW accel, HD audio...etc..

I´m starting to miss my old micca ep600g2 who played every blu ray iso, 3d iso, menus (at least my back to the future rips) and i sold it all because the slow and ugly interfase and no youtube support ( for my kids) i think i will try to find an used one on ebay or a KDlinks hd700...
(2014-12-23, 16:15)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 15:27)herhelman Wrote: Go to eweat and then support, firmware zone and there's a dec 18 firmware
Let me know..
I.will buy another 1195 but an m 195 wich is cheaper!

Flash the M-195 firmware with the Eweat,all i got was the boot screen.

So i revert back to the original firmware,i will wait till they release a that firmware for the M-195.

I looks like the device is getting there.

And Dolby ATMOS is supported

(2015-01-23, 10:54)kyrliot Wrote: Zappiti firmware is very unlikely to have any difference from eweat firmware except GUI since firmware development is from China and Realtek SDK. Zappiti must press Realtek to solve very serious playback problems to justify the 249 euro price tag :
1. solve mkv 23.976 playback.. now is 24hz
2. auto frame resolution change for 25 and 50 hz... now is 60
3. support original Kodi without Realtek player
4. nfs client support to play from network
5. change subtitle font (the one they use is horrible) with ansi support for all languages and correct other problems like Greek subtitles missing letters and many more
i've installed today's eweat new firmware....
nothing changes!!!
custom realtek XBMC still not working!!! it cannot play any single video!!
KODI plays, but no HW acceleration ( hipcuts every second )
Realtek player has an horrible suttitle font, except on BD isos
NO BDMV menus , specs sheet said "full blu ray support with menus"
C'MON EWEAT!! I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE LIKE KODI BUT YOUR OWN PLAYER NEEDS TO RESPOND TO SPECS SHEET!! FULL BLU RAY MENUS, CORRECT SUBTITLE PROBLEMS....
I WILL SELL IT AND BUY A KDLINKS OR MICCA EP600...MY OLD MEDIA PLAYER....

6 FIRMWARES AND ALWAYS THE SAME!!!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realtek RTD1195 / RTD1295 based Android media players violate Kodi's GPL license!0