Moving and resizing a ControlImage
i have tried setposition, setwidth, setheight... i can not get them to work...

showimage should simply show the image in self.imagefile at the position that is calculated in newpos. if the window doesn't already have a controlimage then i want it to create it first. here's my code:
Quote:def showimage(self):
       picsize = (int(float(self.imagesize[0]*self.asp)*self.zoom), int(float(self.imagesize[1])*self.zoom))
       w=self.getwidth()
       h=self.getheight()

dw=(w-picsize[0])*.5*self.center[0]
       dh=(h-picsize[1])*.5*self.center[1]

newpos=(int(dw+(w-picsize[0])/2), int(dh+(h-picsize[1])/2), int(picsize[0]), int(picsize[1]))

try:
               self.image.setposition(newpos[0],newpos[1])
               self.image.setwidth(newpos[2])
               self.image.setheight(newpos[3])
       except:
               if not (self.image is none):
                       try:
                               self.removecontrol(self.image)
                               self.image=none
                       except:
                               pass
               self.image = xbmcgui.controlimage(newpos[0], newpos[1], newpos[2], newpos[3], self.imagefile)
               self.addcontrol(self.image)

i know it is ugly but it was coded in self defense!!! some times it throws an exception at "self.removecontrol(self.image)" eventhough there clearly is an image on screen (usually if i had pressed one of the triggers).

is this a case where i should use lock/unlock? i have no clue when to use them. in my experience they are highly dangerous if you dont want unhandled exceptions to freeze the xbox.

wait a minute i think i have gotten it to work (somewhat),,, no need to answer. sorry about that. posting here made me spot an error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving and resizing a ControlImage0