Aeon Nox Smart Playlist Problems
Hi guys new here and sorry for dragging up playlists topic again but I need help with these smart playlists. Im using XBMC Gotham 13.2 with skin aeon nox gotham.4.1.9.9 I've added all my Movies and TV shows through the add video option and have Aeon Nox set up the way I want it with Artwork and Display etc... but now want to create more home buttons instead of the usual 2...Movies and TV to 4 at present with the possibilty af adding another 2 or 3 further on down the line.

So I wan't to from Movies and TV to ......Movies Amercian TV DVD Brtiish TV...... I've been follwing this tutorial on youtube... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3gqgMaicc (are links allowed?) and although this tutorial is for Aeon MQ 5 I still have the same problems using it as well.

So far I've only managed to make 1 smart playlist for the DVD and it worked as expected but when I make another smart playlist for the Movies and disable main Movies button and when I goto the smart playlist Movies there is nothing in it except empty cases. The same happens when I try to do the TV shows as well, in fact sometimes when I create the British TV smart playlist it will only show 1 TV series instead of the 20 or so that I have. I'm following that tutorial every step of the way but but these smart playlists just won't work for me.

I should have that all my Movies and TV Shows are spread across a couple of hard drives (Instead of having them in a raid set up, is this the problem should they be in raid ?) but when I add them to XBMC I combined them all into 1 Movies Folder using the add and browse option. My DvD's are in there own folder on 1 hard drive and I add them separately to the rest.

So need to know what I'm doing wrong, why is this not working for me.

EDIT:

Finally figured it out, Movies must be on the same drive. Tried it with 1 drive only the same drive that contains the DVD's and set it up just like the tutorial in that youtube vid and both worked Movies and DVD.

Thanks for the help
The first post here should get you going adding and modifying buttons.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146727

Movies do not have to be on the same drive, which is why XBMC forces you to create a source and set the media type.

Always test your playlist by themselves, before pinning to a menu item, favorite, etc.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thx for the reply.

Just realised that I shouldn't have jump the gun to quickly, it works ok when I only use 1 movie folder and the dvd folder but as I have another 2 movie folders on 2 other hard drive's can't figure out how to get all 3 movie folders into 1 smart playlist. Like I said in my first post have tried combining them all as 1 movie folder when I added them to the XMBC but when I make smart playlist for them nothing shows up. If I add them separately xbmc will have 3 movie folders, but when creating a smart playlist I can only choose 1 folder.

Have done a bit more of searching on google and and found this thread from August of last year....http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171223, it would seem that it is possbile to add the 3 separate folders using the Path Contains and also use the ITEMS MUST MATCH option and changing it from ALL OF THE RULES to ANY OF THE RULES. BUT!! can't do this either as it's greyed out and I can't use it on both AEON NOX 41.9.9 and AEON MQ5.

Is there any of getting this working again?. Or is there any other way of doing what I want.

Thanks
Spanning multiple drives or folders doesn't matter. Use Path=Contains as this is a known issue.Also use "one or more of the rules".

I don't have any playlist that span multiple drivers, but here is one with multiple drives, which is the same difference.

Here's my xsp playlist file in case it helps.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Movies Mom</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>smb://SERVER3/video/Mom Shared/</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>smb://SERVER3/video/Movies Mom/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
CaptainKen Thank You for all your help,

Everything is now working as it should, in fact it was when you posted the picture of the smart playlist that everything click and I realised what I was doing wrong, I wasn't using the add button on the right to add the other 2 drives ( feel so stupid, answer was right in front of me and I couldn't see it lol ).

Once all drives where added choosed one or more of the rules.

And have XMBC working the way I want it.

Thanks again for all your help
You're welcome.
I have been facing the same issue for over a year and had given up but i am now trying again :

I am using Linux and I have several mounted drives ... I just one to make a smart playlist and I have separate subdirectories for hollywood and bollywood but using the Add video created paths .. it does not show me any videos and appears blank, even thought all the video appear under Movies.

The local path added is like /media/4TB/Bollywood

Can someone please help me.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox Smart Playlist Problems0