Openelec and RCB/Advanced Launcher Problem
Hey,
i successfully got retroarch to work and it runs rly well. now i started to setup rcb and advanced launcher, but on both my screen "freeze" on rom launch. if im starting the rom with the applaunch.sh from rcb, the game starts perfect. as soon as i start any rom out of advanced launcher or rcb my screen freezen (even if xbmc got killed). i searched the whole day for a solution, but i cant find a working solution Sad
can you please explain how you got retroarch working on OpenELEC -> RPi?
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
hey,
im still not done, but i making progress with rcb. if im happy with the end result, i will share my work.
im done. i posted the files and a guide here: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7297...ch-arm-rpi
tried to follow the guide, im stuck at trying to load the rom i put the following command "retroarch.sh pocketsnes /storage/.xbmc/roms/snes/Super Mario World.smc"

and i get the following:

Usage: retroarch.sh core /path/to/romfile
Example: retroarch.sh snes9x /storage/mario.sfc

Available cores:
libretro-fceumm.so
libretro-gambatte.so
libretro-pocketsnes.so

Im stuck now, anyone got any advice?
(2014-09-24, 19:02)stuCONNERS Wrote: tried to follow the guide, im stuck at trying to load the rom i put the following command "retroarch.sh pocketsnes /storage/.xbmc/roms/snes/Super Mario World.smc"

and i get the following:

Usage: retroarch.sh core /path/to/romfile
Example: retroarch.sh snes9x /storage/mario.sfc

Available cores:
libretro-fceumm.so
libretro-gambatte.so
libretro-pocketsnes.so

Im stuck now, anyone got any advice?
can u try "retroarch.sh pocketsnes /storage/.xbmc/roms/snes/Super\ Mario\ World.smc"

i just tried it here and the command works fine.
found out that i cant have gaps in names for some reason.

I`ve managed to load the rom, and kill it, and checked that all files are there, I`ve managed to move the rom into retroarch/roms

When I install RCB from the repository, the files that need replacing arent there to replace. Or do i need to put them there manually?

I`ve found it here

/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/scriptfiles

Is this the right location?
the two files u need to put/replace are in "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles/" if applaunch.sh not exist, just put the one i posted in there.
I cant get any roms to boot from advanced launcher. Can you put up a working example of how to setup advanced launcher. None of my roms will boot from there, but load ok from command line.
Code:
<launcher>
                        <id>dbc425fb05d054257d669e1f77da8f01</id>
                        <name>Nintendo Entertainment System</name>
                        <category>e5b2902b393bad9fa5f0748a5c49b12b</category>
                        <application>/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh</application>
                        <args>fceu "%rom%"</args>
                        <rompath>/storage/emulators/rom/nes/</rompath>
                        <thumbpath>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/</thumbpath>
                        <fanartpath>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/</fanartpath>
                        <trailerpath></trailerpath>
                        <custompath></custompath>
                        <romext>nes</romext>
                        <platform>Nintendo Entertainment System</platform>
                        <thumb></thumb>
                        <fanart></fanart>
                        <genre></genre>
                        <release></release>
                        <publisher></publisher>
                        <launcherplot></launcherplot>
                        <finished>false</finished>
                        <minimize>false</minimize>
                        <lnk></lnk>
                        <roms>
                                <rom>
                                        <id>b578fad096c35f23502c4a96d6f3aaa2</id>
                                        <name>Super Mario Bros.</name>
                                        <filename>/storage/emulators/rom/nes/Super Mario Bros. (E).nes</filename>
                                        <thumb>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/Super Mario Bros. (E)_thumb.jpg</thumb>
                                        <fanart>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/Super Mario Bros. (E)_fanart.jpg</fanart>
                                        <trailer></trailer>
                                        <custom></custom>
                                        <genre>Action</genre>
                                        <release>1985</release>
                                        <publisher>Nintendo R&amp;D4</publisher>
                                        <gameplot>In Super Mario Bros., Princess Toadstool of the Mushroom Kingdom has been kidnapped by Bowser, the evil king of the Koopas. Former plumbers Mario and Luigi have been sent to rescue to he$
                                        <altapp></altapp>
                                        <altarg></altarg>
                                </rom>
                                <rom>
                                        <id>8707c80d80a627a141b76e44dc74a51b</id>
                                        <name>Super Mario Bros. 2</name>
                                        <filename>/storage/emulators/rom/nes/Super Mario Bros. 2 (E).nes</filename>
                                        <thumb>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/Super Mario Bros. 2 (E)_thumb.jpg</thumb>
                                        <fanart>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/Super Mario Bros. 2 (E)_fanart.jpg</fanart>
                                        <trailer></trailer>
                                        <custom></custom>
                                        <genre>Action</genre>
                                        <release>1988</release>
                                        <gameplot>For the U.S. sequel to Super Mario Bros., Nintendo retrofitted an Arabian-themed Japanese game called Yumekojo Doki Doki Panic with the familiar Mario clan. Other than a few minor graphi$
                                        <altapp></altapp>
                                        <altarg></altarg>
                                </rom>
                                <rom>
                                        <id>a3adb49082b0a7fce440bb4c9713cd3b</id>
                                        <name>Super Mario Bros. 3</name>
                                        <filename>/storage/emulators/rom/nes/Super Mario Bros. 3 (E).nes</filename>
                                        <thumb>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/Super Mario Bros. 3 (E)_thumb.jpg</thumb>
                                        <fanart>/storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/Super Mario Bros. 3 (E)_fanart.jpg</fanart>
                                        <trailer></trailer>
                                        <custom></custom>
                                        <genre>Action</genre>
                                        <release>1990</release>
                                        <gameplot>Often considered the pinnacle of 8-bit achievement, Super Mario Bros. 3 is an epic platformer that combines classic gameplay, excellent level design, stellar graphics, and memorable musi$
                                        <altapp></altapp>
                                        <altarg></altarg>
                                </rom>
                        </roms>

please make sure u use latest version of the addon, because this is an example for latest version!
in this example i use "<rompath>/storage/emulators/rom/nes/</rompath>", because i linked "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/rom/" to "/storage/emulators/rom/"

also check "journalctl -f" if u launch the rom from the advanced launcher and give me the output if it doesnt work now.
Got it working, how do you exit from the rom back to xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec and RCB/Advanced Launcher Problem0