Install 12.3 frodo on atv2
Hello all.

I have tried the recent 13.2 on atv2, i have some problems with it and want to go back to 12.3

I have re jailedbreaked the atv so its fresh, now how do i install 12.3 can't seam to find out what steps to do it, normally i use Nito installer but can't do that for 12.3

hope someone can help.

Thx in advancesSmile

Seb
no one knows??
This is an international forum. You should wait at least 24 hours before bumping a thread because of different time zones.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...tom_builds (read the rubric "older stable builds")
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry for that...

1: rm -f *xbmc*.deb

2: wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb

3: dpkg -i *xbmc*.deb

4: rm *xbmc*.deb

5: Reboot

Are these the steps to run in terminal "I'm on mac" on a clean jailbreaked atv2 for installing 12.3?

Did this yesterday and didn't work, i will try later and report back.

Thx
Those are correct - but you need to ensure to have logged into the atv2 via ssh first (else you would do all this on your mac instead of the atv2 - which would not work...).

"didn't work" <- btw this is not a valid error description.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
"didn't work" <- btw this is not a valid error description.

hehe i know, couldn't remember the error i had, i will try in some hours and report back, thxSmile
Hey again.

So after "dpkg -i *xbmc*.deb" step i get

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i *xbmc*.deb
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
(Reading database ... 1267 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_12.3-0_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on com.nito.updatebegone; however:
Package com.nito.updatebegone is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

So it isn't installed??

Need help Smile
Install XBMC v13 once to get those dependencies, then use the commands again and it will downgrade to v12.
Thank you that did it
Hi
I did also a jailbreak and after reading through the forum i decided to go with a clean install of 12.3 instrad of 14.1 on my atv2!
I used the exact lines in terminal than in the FAQ:

rm -f *kodi*.deb
apt-get update
wget http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/xbmc/apt/a...os-arm.deb
dpkg -i *kodi*.deb
rm *kodi*.deb

Since i got no success message nor error message i added the reboot command and waited for the atv2 to reboot. But there was no xbmc icon!! So what did i do wrong??

I found this message and i am wondering iif maybe i should change all the *kodi* to *xbmc* or should i stick with the FAQ commands??

Should i also first install 13.2 or 14.1 amd than use the commands again like NED suggested??

I want to do an install as clean as possible.

Also before starting again, should i delete some stuff he could have installed today when i tried the installation in order tomkeep my install clean?
If so what commands should i use?
I used this from FAQ:
5 Uninstalling

5.1 Uninstalling just XBMC/Kodi
SSH into your Apple TV (Using the same instructions from above to login). Then run:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
5.2 Removing settings
XBMC/Kodi will uninstall from your Apple TV but will leave certain things (databases and everything in your userdata folder) behind to make it easier if you wanted to reinstall. To delete those also run:
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi
This will then be completely clear and XBMC/Kodi will be removed.
5.3 Deleting XBMC/Kodi dependencies
XBMC/Kodi has three dependencies that it installs along with itself when you first install XBMC/Kodi (org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock, gawk, bsdiff). After uninstalling XBMC/Kodi you can also uninstall these 3 dependencies by running this command:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock && apt-get remove gawk && apt-get remove bsdiff && apt-get remove org.xbmc.kodi-seatbeltunlock

But mostly i got the message that it couldnt uninstall it because it wasn't installed at all...

Hope this time somebody can help
Thanks guys
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...di_to_XBMC
Hi
I think from my post it is obvious that i've read this FAQ! And i used the exact same commands to install 12.3! (Of course with a ssh [email protected]!
And like i said terminal seemed to execute these commands but in the end i didn't have a xbmc icon on my atv2!
So pointing me back to FAQ will not help this time...
I'm not pointing you to the FAQ. I'm pointing you to the install page that I personally updated a little bit ago to include XBMC-specific install instructions.
That's what i meant with FAQ...
I didn't use 4.1 but 4, because i am not going "from kodi to xbmc"! So still i need to use these commands, but do i need to install kodi? The title seems a little bit misleading then?!?!
If this is a fresh install then you need to install Kodi first in order for all the dependancies to be correctly downloaded. Then you downgrade to whatever version of XBMC you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install 12.3 frodo on atv20