Android [FireTV] Have to press pause and stop twice to quit movie
Couldn't find this in other threads. Very consistent with both the original Fire TV remote and a Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote:

- You start a movie
- You pause a movie
- You press back and navigate to the on-screen stop button (my current setup has no physical stop button, the FTV doesn't have one)
- Movie is stopped
- But... it starts to play again
- You pause and stop again
- Movie is actually stopped and the UI returns back to the folder view from where you started

Is this a bug or "feature" or caused by something else ?

EDIT: I'm running 14.0 alpha 3.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
Have you tried one of the alternate keymaps for the fire tv? Wiki . I think that all 3 have a way of mapping the back button to a stop command in Kodi.
(2014-09-24, 16:16)dgeezer Wrote: Have you tried one of the alternate keymaps for the fire tv? Wiki . I think that all 3 have a way of mapping the back button to a stop command in Kodi.

No, not yet. If I've time tonight, I will try to mess around with the key maps and report the result.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
The easiest way that I've found is to use Adbfire It lets you push files to the Fire tv with basically one click. Just select keymaps under the push/pull delete box click push and navigate to your keyboard.xml file.
Also, make sure that you have the option "remote sends keyboard presses" enabled in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FireTV] Have to press pause and stop twice to quit movie0