Questions regarding AFTV!
Hi all,

I am new to these forums. I have been using raspbmc on a rpi for the past 1 year, but i find it slow at times. I have media on 3 hard drives which are connected to the rpi via a powered usb hub and I have no problems accessing the media although it is slow at times especially with the skins I have been using.

I see that AFTV has a quad core processor and a graphic engine built in, so I am naturally assuming that it can be very fast to use. However, I have read that there is only one usb port on the fire tv, and the usb drive has to be manually mounted via the stickmount app. So, would i be able to use the same setup with a powered usb hub connected to the usb port on the fire tv? And if it is possible, will i be able to mount all three hard drives at the same time?

I did not find any info but, is there any way to auto mount the hard drives if possible?

Thanks all.
You can definitely use a usb hub, which doesn't have to be powered. I use a cheap $5 one. However, I haven't tried multiple drives. I'm using a thumb drive and stick mount and I believe I have to mount it after each boot. I think there is a way to auto-mount though. I just haven't looked into it because I only reboot it like once a month.
Just remember you need root in order to use stickmount, IIRC. Also, looks like the latest AFTV firmware blocks root so you'll need to find one with rootable firmware version and set it up to block updates on initial start-up. Looks like if you pick one up at Staples online ($74 till the 27th) it should ship with rootable firmware.

More info/guides visit - http://www.aftvnews.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions regarding AFTV!0