Help with mysql
I am trying to set up multiple XBMC clients with my database by following this link
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MyS...ng_up_XBMC

However, I have trouble on the importing part. All my movies have nfo files associated after I exported using one instance of XBMC.

I now want to set up another XBMC using the same library but I am confused about how to get the library into the new instance, also how does MySQL get configured
Go to one of your clients, make sure you add the advancedsettings.xml from your link above (change the IP to the IP of where the MySQL install is located).

Open XBMC from that client you added the advanced settings to. You will have no library at the moment.

Scroll to Videos -> Add videos. Add your first video source in the smb:// format. For example, if you previously had a client that had a source of E:\Videos, you will now have to use the IP of the box where the E:\ drive was. (Make sure you have SHARED the folder first!). So you would add smb://192.168.2.1/Videos as an example. Set your content, and let it refresh the info.

Now, the MySQL database will start to fill up with all the information from your nfo's/art whatever, it may take a while depending on the size of source.

Continue to add the rest of your movie/music sources in the same way (using the smb:// location, EVEN if its local to that machine).

Finally, copy that advancedsettings.xml to all your clients, they will now all be able to view the MySQL's database.

Make sure you are using the same version of XBMC/Kodi between all your devices.
Thanks, I have it working but one thing I notice is that one my main machine where I set up the libraries the movies are in their respective sets but in the other two instances they are not.

Have I missed something or do I need to do this on each machine
Did you turn "group movies in sets" on? It's off by default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with mysql0