XBMC Debugging Issues
I am having some difficulty. I am attempting to compile and run XBMC in debug to diagnose an issue I'm having with running movie.strm files in my Library that launch a Netflix tab through NetfliXBMC in chrome. They will play the next movie in my library OR open an infinite loop of tabs in Chrome

1. Cloned the repository
2. checkout the 14.0a3-Helix tag
3. Follow the compile instructions at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ource_code
4. Successfully compile the project as Debug using Visual Studio 2013 Express

I also tried a 13.2 build but I was having difficulty getting it to build successfully in VS 2010 Express. I was getting around 20 Fails and decided not to pour anymore time into it.

When I Start Debugging I get the following:

Running database version MyMusic48
SQL: The table does not exist
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
First-chance exception at 0x763DC42D in XBMC.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: dbiplus:Big GrinbErrors at memory location 0x0031E590.
Unhandled exception at 0x763DC42D in XBMC.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: dbiplus:Big GrinbErrors at memory location 0x0031E590.

This exception comes from function bool MysqlDataset::query(const char *query) in mysqldataset.cpp on line with MYSQL* conn = handle();

I'm guessing the SQL database isn't configured for Kodi 14.0. I have no idea what I need to do to resolve this error. What step am I missing? Is there a more complete compile guide I am missing?

I have an existing 13.2 installation using a centralized MySQL server. I have no idea if that has any affect on debugging a development build.

Please help me with this.
At that version it's using the same %appdata%/xbmc folder as 13.2. A current nightly will use a folder called kodi. Besides that I wouldn't develope on the same machine that I use as htpc.
(2014-09-23, 18:11)Ace Wrote: At that version it's using the same %appdata%/xbmc folder as 13.2. A current nightly will use a folder called kodi. Besides that I wouldn't develope on the same machine that I use as htpc.

Developing on a different machine isn't an option.

I attempted again checking out and compiling 13.2-Gotham. I ran through the compile instructions from scratch and still got 20 Fails http://pastebin.com/LBJBPKHs. I'm not sure what the issue is.

What can I checkout from git to get a relatively stable nightly with the kodi folder?
If you really want to and risk a loss of your userdata, just checkout current master.
Hey, I'm also having problems deciphering my debugging log. Not sure if this is the right forum however...
Can't for the life of me figure out how to watch anything using my Funimation add-on without coming across 'one or more items failed to play.' I've already installed SMBup but am not sure how to utilize it yet once I'd set up a file sharing user.
Here's the url debug log of the latest problem: http://xbmclogs.com/picqyaki5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Debugging Issues0