Help naming episodes please.
Hello. I am having trouble getting the correct info for my Tom and Jerry collection in XBMC.

This is the collection I have... http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72860&lid=7

And this is how I have been naming them... "Season 1 > S01E01 Puss Gets The Boot"

Can anyone advise me on how to get these properly named so that all the correct info is downloaded in XBMC?

Thanks,
Chris.
I usually just name the files S01E01 etc. I have seen some that are named S01E01-Puss Gets the Boot. I'm not sure it makes a difference.

With TVDB I almost always have to use an NFO file (wiki) to get the scraper to find the correct show. Here's an example. Just paste the TVDB url into the NFO FILE and place the NFO file in your show folder-
Code:
Tom and Jerry(year)/
         tvshow.nfo
         Season01/
               S01E01
               etc

This has always solved the problem for me. Hope it makes sense.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-23, 19:36)wgstarks Wrote: I usually just name the files S01E01 etc. I have seen some that are named S01E01-Puss Gets the Boot. I'm not sure it makes a difference.

With TVDB I almost always have to use an NFO file (wiki) to get the scraper to find the correct show. Here's an example. Just paste the TVDB url into the NFO FILE and place the NFO file in your show folder-
Code:
Tom and Jerry(year)/
         tvshow.nfo
         Season01/
               S01E01
               etc

This has always solved the problem for me. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks for the reply.

So I need to do that for each individual episode? Is there no easy/quick way of doing this?
I own the collection on DVD if that open up any more possibilities?

Cheers,
Chris.
Look at the season numbers... there is no Season 1. The first episode on thetvdb is 1940x01 or S1940E01.

I have mine arranged thusly:

Code:
Tom and Jerry
    Series 1940
        Tom and Jerry - 1940x01 - Puss Gets the Boot
        Tom and Jerry - 1940x02 - The Midnight Snack

I'm not sure if any of the automated renamers will do that for you - certainly some Linux distros have 'multiple file rename' function. Otherwise, you have 100 insert-and-paste exercises...
Right. My bad. No Season01. If you use an nfo file for TV shows you just need one for each show, so you would only need one for Tom and Jerry. Not each episode. That's why its at the root level of that show. If you're careful about file naming as Prof Yaffle pointed out you might not need nfo's.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Try http://www.therenamer.com
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Checkout Filebot. Works prefect for me

http://www.filebot.net/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help naming episodes please.0