Win Files made by XBMC cant be deleted
After reinstalling win8.1 and XBMC I cant get acces (delete,move,copy) any new files XBMC create (If I download Subtitles, Fanpostere ect.. with XBMC) from any of my computers ..
All my movies are on NAS. I have never had this problem before.

Hope you can help me Smile
Its probably to do with user permissions. I get this too on Linux because artwork-downloader and a couple of other plugins run as the user 'nobody'. Although you would think this would let anyone edit/delete them, this isn't the case and I have to take ownership of the files/directories before I can modify them.

Depending on your file sharing method and the OS on your NAS, this could be your issue.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for you input Smile
Does it mean that I have to take ownership every time XBMC have downloade a new file??
Any way to solved the "nobody" problem? I have never had that problem before..
I only take ownership if I want to delete or move something, which to be honest, isn't that much. Besides, my shares are nicely structured, so I just take ownership of the top directory recursively, so it grabs everything.

It might not even be your issue, but it happens to me, so I think its worth seeing who owns/created those files you can't modify.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
You can look at it from either side... either the files have the wrong permissions, or the mount/share does. Basically, the user as which you're connecting has neither group nor user permissions to those files.

Immediate options:

1. Change the umask on the user that's creating the file (i.e. the default permissions)
2. Do something with the group - either the user who's creating the files or the user as which you're connecting
3. Connect as a different user
4. Change the way in which the NAS is exporting the directories (permissions, user)
5. Run a manual chmod/chown on the NAS to brutally correct the permissions - on demand or scheduled via a cron-alike
I have done nothing too the NAS ... All my film ect. from before I reinstalle Win8 & XBMC works fine from all computer on the Network..
But all new files created/downloaded with XBMC is locked. I have tried copying files from the computer without problems.
So it could be a problem with the "because artwork-downloader and a couple of other plugins run as the user 'nobody' " as @black_eagle wrote.

I have just tried it from another computer with XBMC installed and it Works fine.. So it must be something to do with the Windows or XBMC installation on the other computer.. Any Ideer??
You're navigating to the NAS share through WIndows Explorer, correct? Then I'd look at the user as which you're logged in or connecting to the NAS... it's possible that the user on system 1 doesn't have the right permissions while system 2's user does. Remember you can connect as the logged-in user by default, or specify the user as you map a drive letter, or default to whatever smbd is publishing the share as. One of those is not like the others...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files made by XBMC cant be deleted0