Cleaning library removes content type?
I have my library shared via a SQL DB and notice that every time run a DB library clean the folders lose their content type. leaving me only to re-set the content type and rescan everything.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the cleaning?

Is there a way to manual set the content type back? without an erase and full scan?

I use recently added a lot and this resets it each time.

Thanks,
It's a bug. It's either fixed in 13.2 or will be fixed in v14, but offhand I don't remember.
Good stuff, thanks for the info Ned.

It doesn't happen all the time, as far as you know are there any steps or things I should avoid that increase the likelihood of it occurring?

Secondly, do you know of any tools that could take over the library-ing of my content?

XBNE? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59800&page=59

looks like a good option, any others people know of?
I think the content-type bug happens if a share is sleeping or takes too long and times out when XBMC is accessing it.

I'm not too familiar with the various library managers out there. I normally just scrape using XBMC and again use XBMC to generate NFO files.
(2014-09-23, 22:26)apeg Wrote: Good stuff, thanks for the info Ned.

Secondly, do you know of any tools that could take over the library-ing of my content?

looks like a good option, any others people know of?

Yeah, MediaElch or TinyMediaManager.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=204

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333

I've used both, but I prefer MediaElch myself. Both do a good job of scraping your stuff and will let you set custom art etc.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ive played with MediaElch before, but not TinyMediaManager

do they build the SQL DB directly? or organize/clean your content so xbmc can scrape more effectively? My goal is for an external application to take over the scraping portion of XBMC, don't get me wrong it does a great job but my library is getting very large and the limited control within XBMC is starting to become an issue.

XBNE seems to be along the lines what im looking for, but it seems to piggy back off the XBMC scraping, not replace it entirely? any other applications known out there?
They both do the scraping for you and create .nfo files which you then import into XBMC with the 'local only' scraper.

You can do custom descriptions, ratings, fanart, thumbs banners cdart etc etc. Both will name your art correctly and put it in the correct place ready for import. MediaElch can also update items in your library if you change something, by telling XBMC to delete that particular entry & then re-import it.

Ultimately XBMC updates the SQL DB, but I already know its going to put in what I want as I have all sources set to the local only scraper and have already set things up how I want them using ME.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ugh, just had this happen to me as well. Not fun.
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleaning library removes content type?0