WIP Database of International Repositories
Rainbow 
I'm working on putting together a database of international repositories for XBMC and was hoping to enlist the help of some of you across the world. I'm not able to do it all myself because my tests of international addons don't always go well since I'm in a different geographical location (due to geoblocking) and since I only speak four languages.

I know there's already a list of international repositories on the Wiki, but that list seems to be quite outdated, and in my daily searches I keep coming up with more and more repositories in cyberspace. Hopefully some of you can assist me in compiling this list, just get in touch with me or reply to this thread.

Please Note: I'm not looking for repositories containing pirated content so please respect this site and don't post them here.
Perhaps you should offer to update the list of international repositories on the Wiki, I'm sure if it's out-dated, your contribution would be more than welcomed.
I'll definitely do so once I have the list together, the big issue is figuring out what all the international repositories are since many of the authors never posted them here, then we also have to figure out which work and which don't.
I guess that's the issue and it would seem a bit daunting. For most re-broadcasting, we enter a quasi legal situation in that for the most part home web pages offering content don't want direct referral links (they make $ from the clicks and ad exposure, not to mention analytics). Rules around the world, country to country are in flux, and taking responsibility for what is in the grey area, of permissible, and what is verboten would seem to be something that isn't really possible atm on a grand world scale (talk to the UN). The rules in your country are not widespread and not a reflection of everyone's, with that in mind along with the location of this forum, there might be some conflict.

From my understanding XBMC-Kodi is taking the high road, and would like to distance itself from this kind of controversy, Kodi developers supply hooks for external add-ons, and is the support offered. I personally love the software, and enjoy all the add-ons that work for me in Canada, but I'm understanding of the commercial interests of re-braodcasting and it's likely to become a highly regulated industry as streaming TV becomes the dominate technology. There will be streaming broadcasters that seek out 3rd party software to enhance their viewer base for re-braodcasting, either they have to supply the software, or come to some arrangement with an add-on developer in such a fashion that Kodi is protected.

To come out with a definitive list of what works in the wiki puts XBMC-Kodi in a difficult position of defending specific add-ons from some very litigious monoliths. I wouldn't be surprised in the future that all references to streaming add-ons in the wiki are a mere mention that the hooks exist.

ATM: It is sufficient to mention what works and what doesn't in the forum concerning what is available in the repository, and point at other locations or Google for off world discussions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database of International Repositories0