Can I preserve "watched" flag across 2 xbmc's?
I've set up 2 xbmc's or Kodi EC's Actually Gotham 13.2 and have all my media on a NAS. Is there a way that I can watch a show on one device and have the show appear as "watched" on the other? Guess it would have to be a shared database? Is that possible? Both MC's are wired to my network but one is a Kindle TV Fire and the other is a GBox MX2 so they aren't the most powerfull boxes in the world.

Thanks,

Roveer
Look this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MySQL
There's a few ways. See Syncing and sharing (wiki).
(2014-09-24, 01:47)roveer Wrote: I've set up 2 xbmc's or Kodi EC's Actually Gotham 13.2 and have all my media on a NAS. Is there a way that I can watch a show on one device and have the show appear as "watched" on the other? Guess it would have to be a shared database? Is that possible? Both MC's are wired to my network but one is a Kindle TV Fire and the other is a GBox MX2 so they aren't the most powerfull boxes in the world.

Some NAS boxes have the ability to run MySQL, which if yours can, would mean you could leave all of that processing to the NAS.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I went with the MySQL option. First I tried putting mysql on my Netgear ReadyNAS pro but I was having a hard time getting it configured. I then dropped a copy on one of my win 7 machines that is on all the time and still had trouble until I went in and granted the xbmc user full access. The MySQL installs no longer follow the guides so doing some of the command line stuff just wasn't working. So after a lot of trial and error I finally got it to work. Watched flags and stop/resume is working just great across my two xbmc's. I was thinking of going back to my ReadyNas and seeing if I could get it to work but I have a slight concern about where that DB lives on the NAS and how it would get backed up. I didn't see any new directories created on my shared volume so I think it probably lives behind the scenes.

Thanks to those who made suggestions. Very happy with the result.

Roveer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I preserve "watched" flag across 2 xbmc's?0