Installing XBMC FIRE T.V. using ADBFIRE, GOTHAM 13.2
Hi, Everyone

Im rather new to using a lot of the latest technology, but here is what is what's giving me a problem, i purchased Amazon fire tv. I connected it to

my t.v. via hdmi cord, then connected it to my router with the ethernet cable. its on 192.168.0.6, I turned "adb debugging on". I downloaded adbfire,

and connected to the device. then i press "Install APK" i load the gotham 13.2.APK , which is the latest version from the xbmc.org website. It

starts to Install, the bar is loading green, and as it reaches the end "FULLY GREEN BAR INSTALLING" it just gets stuck there, nothing happens,

no failure nothing. it just stays green. from what i read and from the youtube video I watched it's supposed to say "install complete" and then

XBMC should be installed on my amazon fire tv, but it doesn't say that, i really need help can someone please help me!
Few comments:

- Did you enable ADB debugging on the FireTV first ?
- You could also use the command line tool
- I would recommand Kodi/XMBC 14.0 alpha 3 iso 13.2. 14.0 works much better if you have 1080p H.264 files. 13.2 clearly
stutters, 14.0 works very well with high quality 1080p files.

Did you check whether under System => Settings => Apps => Manage installed apps, XBMC Is there ?
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
I find periodically ADBfire does the same for me as well (progress bar just sits there) . If you are on a Windows machine try 'Amazon FireTV Utility App v0.21' (google will show you a link to the XDA-Developers site.). This seems to work everytime for me.

My personal suggestion would be to use SPMC. YMMV of course.

Cheers

Tolax

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMC FIRE T.V. using ADBFIRE, GOTHAM 13.20