Linux No mouse control when on full screen
Dear forum,

I am testing XBMC on an Ubuntu (14.04 LTS) Virtual Machine (VMWare Workstation 10) on my laptop.
I usually run the VM on full screen (but the following happens even when not on full screen).

The mouse can not be controlled when running XBMC on full screen.
On the contrary if I go from the settings and select not to run XBMC on full screen I can use the mouse with XBMC.

I have also installed XBMC on a windows desktop machine (windows 7) and the mouse works perfectly on full screen.

Any ideasHuh

Regards

GeorgeN

PS.
Your help on resolving this (on my VM) will put one more positive point on leaving windows and running Ubuntu on the above mentioned desktop...
VMs are not really a proper method for testing xbmc as they lack direct hardware access. Try booting the live session from a USB stick.

Other than that: did you enable mouse control in xbmc?
Hi wsnipex,

Thanks for your quick answer.
I think it is obvious why I was testing on a VM...
In case you blow the machine up, no harm, you can start all over very easily (especially if you take snapshots)...
Your answer does not make room for anything else apart from trying the installation on the real machine which will be having its new OS in a few of days from now...
I will let you know of the outcome.
Anything else I think it is a waste of your time or anyone else trying to answer this...

Just for your info (and anyone else reading this topic), I have tried turning on and off the mouse control. Also with the mouse control on and xbmc not in full screen the mouse is working. Then I use the mouse to change from "windowed" to "full screen" and instantly the mouse is not working...
It is a good case study for anyone.
Also the vm is at your disposal (or anyone else) if you wish.

Thanks again

Regards

GeorgeN
In case I wasn't clear: running the live session from xbmcbuntu(try xbmcbuntu without installing) will not touch your harddrive/existing other OSs.
It will NOT install anything.

As for VMware: you will at least need to install vmware guest additions and need to enable 3D acceleration in the VM. Even if this works, it won't be a really good experience.
Xbmc doesn't need a mouse to operate. In fact it is discouraged.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No mouse control when on full screen0