Problem with Audio Passthrough on Gotham 13.2
Hello,

I've recently updated Gotham from 13.1 to 13.2 and noticed a big issue with the Audio passthrough. I've tried everything I knew, and even removed the userdata folder to see if it made a difference, but nothing seems to work.

I have my TV plugged to a home cinema, and before the raspberry pi would passthrough the audio and the home cinema would decode a DTS signal with no problems.

Now, if I try to play a movie with DTS, the screen just stays black and no sound comes from the speakers. If I turn off the Audio Passthough option, the movie plays but the speakers make an awful scratching sound. If I play a non DTS movie the sound plays perfectly.

I've been messing with this for a few hours, and I've made it work a few times by shutting down the HDMI CEC on the TV, rebooting the Pi and playing the movie. If I turned on the HDMI CEC on the TV while xmbc was booted, I could control the TV and the sound would still work fine. This trick doesn't always worked, it happened quite a few times rebooting the Pi with the HDMI CEC turned off and the same behaviour would occur.

I've included two logs. On the first one the sound didn't work while on the second one, after making the "disable HDMI CEC trick", it worked.

Not working - https://www.dropbox.com/s/frr8rfqiurwq02...g.log?dl=0

Working - https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgm652t5pmtadr...g.log?dl=0

Thank you for your help.
Where did you get your build from? It doesn't look like an raspbian/openelec/xbian build.

I suspect this is your problem:
Code:
14:17:01 T:2974536720   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.audio_render - OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources
14:17:01 T:2703225872   ERROR: COMXAudio::PortSettingsChanged - m_omx_tunnel_decoder.Establish omx_err(0x80001000)
14:17:01 T:2703225872   ERROR: COMXAudio::AddPackets - error PortSettingsChanged omx_err(0x00000000)
But without knowing the exact origin of the build it's hard to diagnose.

Can you try a Gotham openelec build?
It's a distro called PiPplware. It has few things installed being xbmc among them. Website here.

I'll try with openelec to see if the problems persists.

Thank you
With openelec it's working fine. Any ideas of what might be causing it?
(2014-09-24, 16:21)jrfbal Wrote: With openelec it's working fine. Any ideas of what might be causing it?

When gotham froze, there was still quite active development going on for the Pi (adding Pi Sink, switching to paplayer for audio, supporting dvdplayer, supporting alsa cards).
The new code did resolve some bugs and most of the xbmc distributions (e.g. openelec and raspbmc) used my gotham branch:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/..._backports

rather than xbmc's gotham branch. It might be worth suggesting that PiPplware rebuilds from my tree to get a better version of xbmc.
Ok, I'll look into that.

Thank you for your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Audio Passthrough on Gotham 13.20