Picture Features
I'm going to put this question here rather than the developer section.

I want to code up some features to the Picture mode. I'm very new to XBMC. I'm using it as a digital photo frame. The "Ken Burns" transitions are nice but I would like to add more and I also want to add what I'll call "effects".

If you think in terms of photoshop, you can have two layers. The background can be the full color image. The layer on top can be a heavily filtered version. For example a heavy Gaussian Blur or a filter that results in a black and white "sketch" of the original.

If the layer on top is now transitioned from 100% opacity to 0% opacity over a period of maybe two to five seconds, the resulting visual effect is an image that starts out as a sketch and then transforms into a clear, crisp, color image.

I would like to code up maybe a half dozen or so transitions and another half dozen or so "effects".

My first question is should this be done in the xbmc code itself or should it be done as a plugin? (This could be rephrased as: Can this be done in a plugin? since that would always be the preferred choice if it is possible.)

My second question (the forehead slapping will now commence): can something like a Raspberry Pi do these type of transitions and effects or perhaps a Hummingboard or one of the newer single board computers? Do they have enough horse power to do something like this in real time?

Thank you for your time,
pedz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Features0