Deinterlace video and deinterlace method for Android XBMC
Question 
I use latest kodi beta 3 with tvheadend for livetv. but video quality not good. linux and win based XBMC used renderscript for this format and video looks perfectly like enigma 2 based receiver. Amlogic device has tuner and dvbplayer apk. play this video format perfect quality and no need interlace. I use Kodi or XBMC on this box for live tv. sd and HD channel need deinterlace method. android xbmc work deinterlace but video quality very bad. new cpu support renderscript dx11 and 9. How can it fixable kodi team or do not support.

video need deinterlace

deinterlace menu

Have you considered turning deinterlace on (if the 2nd s/s is from your actual settings)?
deinterlace on works on rk3188 but Deinterlace method options software blend and other, video scaling method bilinear
video guality not good and no sharpness. no work render script on android like win or linux xbmc.
Hi,

I have to reactivate this older thread. I still have some problems with normal SD-video (DVD) and deinterlacing.
The picture quality is really bad in this case (when deinterlacing is necessary) - and I do not really understand, why.

Yesterday I tried to install the rockplayer 2, and I had a much better quality for DVD-VOBs then with xbmc. The deinterlacing works much better with rockplayer 2 - but DVD navigation is NOT working.
As I understand, rockplayer 2 is based on ffmpeg libraries - is it not the same as in xbmc ?

Is there an option to tweak the (SW-decoded) picture for android-devices ? There should be an option to tweak the quality, because the video-libraries are modular and standard, aren't there any tools to tweak the video or somethink like that? Or am I totaly wrong ?

Thanks

SaEt9000
(2014-11-12, 17:09)SaEt9000 Wrote: Hi,

I have to reactivate this older thread. I still have some problems with normal SD-video (DVD) and deinterlacing.
The picture quality is really bad in this case (when deinterlacing is necessary) - and I do not really understand, why.

Yesterday I tried to install the rockplayer 2, and I had a much better quality for DVD-VOBs then with xbmc. The deinterlacing works much better with rockplayer 2 - but DVD navigation is NOT working.
As I understand, rockplayer 2 is based on ffmpeg libraries - is it not the same as in xbmc ?

Is there an option to tweak the (SW-decoded) picture for android-devices ? There should be an option to tweak the quality, because the video-libraries are modular and standard, aren't there any tools to tweak the video or somethink like that? Or am I totaly wrong ?

Thanks

SaEt9000

I don't have time to walk you step-by-step through it right now, but you want to basically blacklist mpeg2 using advancedsettings.xml (wiki). Use the libstagefright and mediacodec tags.
Hi Ned,

thanks for your answer.
I read the wiki about advancedsettings.xml very often and I know that I have the option to deactivate libstagefrigtht/mediacodec-acceleration for mpeg2-video (this is what I understand, what parameter "0" can do).
I tried this and the effect should be the same as when I changed the settings for video acceleration on software (only, wihout HW) - is it right? It did not help.
Bud i did not find any parameter where I could change or improve deinterlacing routines or something like that for mpeg2 video.

Im really a little bit astonished at this, because other player are able to make brilliant mpeg2-picture on my device... But xbmc is the best (and the only one) for godd DVD-navigation - so how we can bring this together...

what about this:... could it be possible to navigate DVD with xbmc-DVD-Player but when I choose a track on this DVD - then starts a external player to play this track.... ??

Thanks
SaEt9000
The problem is that ffmpeg deinterlacing on Android is only enabled on x86 for a reason I don't know.
... and is someone here, who can explain. what the problem with SW-deinterlacing on adnroid is?
It is really sad... my device (hisilicon chipset) is with its own player able to show brilliant SD-Video. But with xbmc i dont get a good deinterlaced video.
All the options in advancedsettings.xml does not really help - if i switch den deinterlace-option "on" the picture is becoming un-viewable.

And video with interlace-effects ... that is not a solution for sports or older TV-material.

SaEt9000
I read here some topics from FireTV users, which had also deinterlce-Problems with SD-video, but there seem to be an improvement possible between the software encoding and the HW-acceleration.
How i explained: my device is able to show brilliant SD-video - but only with other players, especially with its own app "HimediaVideoplayer". This app has no switch or option to enable or disable deinterlacing or HW-acceleration, it seems to be always "on".

The picture is good and sharpen with deinterlace "off" but the interlace-effects are too heavy.

I read somewhere something about deinterlace-methodes. F.i. that a really good picture is only reachable when frames are used always twice (in double-speed). The xbmc-deinterlacing seems to be an "easy interpolation" of both half-frames, isn't it?
So - what is to do to get a good result with xbmc player ?

SaEt9000

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deinterlace video and deinterlace method for Android XBMC0