Win Uploading XBMC/Kodi builds,
Rainbow 
Hi guys, just wondering if there are any plans on using site where we can share our individual builds, as I see it Vdubt25 has a great way of preserving our builds in copy pasting our builds from line C:\users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\ youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfql4lzS...5pT-8-nAZw
now if we could upload our builds and include our platforms win7/ mint 17/ Ubuntu 14.4/ and so on. I beleive this would be advantageous to all members of the community, as we would have direct access to one anothers builds and we would be able to develope quicker as we would be able to work on each others builds and improve communications, I myself is a noob in all this, I have saved several builds along the way, and I dont consider myself in no way experienced in the development of XBMC/Kodi. But this way would help me as a noob in gaining a nice working xbmc/kodi model for my family home media, all uploads can remain annonymous and feedback on builds can remain annonymous if needed, this way developers can see how members are using xbmc and be kept up to date on addon creative areas. In respect to builds I would happily conrtribute donation towards developement knowing that I could access builds and pick one that suits me for my home media entertainment, and try and improve on it and upload results in return.As i say I am only noob but having this kind of access would open up a new line in membership access for the members by the members.
Can it be done ?
you mean something like github.com/xbmc/xbmc ?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
No mad-max, I mean the complete XBMC/KODI FILE.
Did you not view the Vdupt25 youtube file scenario.?
This doesn't have any realistic benefit. A bunch of random ass builds being uploaded for... what reason? Even if the modified version had something useful, we would need to see the code, and that's why we'd rather people just use github. We spend a long time making stable builds of XBMC for people to use, and we already spend too much time trying to fix things that turns out to only be broken in someone's custom build. Most of these custom builds are just people haphazardly applying patches, but don't know what they're doing, and it ends up being a big pile of junk. We don't want to encourage that.

If there are test builds that need to be done, we can see about making specific test builds for users to test (which we already do). Otherwise, it's only the code that would be of any real help to the project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uploading XBMC/Kodi builds,0