tv dvd rips
I have 500 to 600 tv dvd rips. My directory is set up like this.
TV SERIES/FARSCAPE/SEASON 1/Episode 1/VIDEO_TS/all the dvd files
My advancedsettings is this

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
This does not work. What am I missing? 4 hours looking on the forums and no solution yet.
Well....it might be a bit hard work, but

IIRC TV shows allow only 2 subfolders. So I guess the "TV SERIES" is your source and the following subfolders are to many. I would recommend a structure like:

TV SERIES (as the source)
FARSCAPE (first subfolder)
SEASON 1 (second subfolder)

and after the second subfolder I would recommend to locate the files (episode 1, episode 2 etc...). The problem is, that you have way to many files. I have my DVD files in ISO images. So I have only one file for each episode. It´s like a container containing the needed files and XBMC is able to use those ISOs. So I would recommend to put the needed DVD files (including the VIDEO_TS folder) into a ISO file.

If you have more seasons for each series you won´t run into any problems, because "SEASON 2" for example under "FARSCAPE" is also the second subfolder. Then you aren´t in need of a advancedsettings file like this. Wink

But I see...500 - 600 TV DVD rips....hard work.
My number of subfolders use to work. I changed my windows from 32bit to 64bit and lost my old advancesettings.
I think you are right. I went down one level to point my source not to Tv Series but to Farscape and xbmc found things. I need to work on scraping now. Thanks, you woke up this old mind.
Still not working. I think I need a new advancedsetting to get this to work. I did find one years ago that did work on this forum. No luck finding it again.
I think you don´t need this kind of advancedsettings if you put your dvd files in an ISO file and keep TV-SERIES as the source and take care of only having 2 subfolders max after the source, everything should work fine, as it does it for me.

btw...which version of XBMC do you use?
ISO files would work but I have too many dvd rips to do that. My guess 200-300 hours to convert.
This is what I have in my advanced settings.xml file (make sure you don't have any strange characters and can open with browser too):

Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>

Then my folder structure is:

>TV Shows (folder with all my shows inside)
->TV Show Name (folder)
-->Season # (folder)
--->TV show name - S##E##E## (folder)
---->VIDEO_TS (folder)
----->DVD Files

Using Gotham 13.2 RC1 and scans/adds fine. Hope this helps you and anyone else.
I use the video-ts file system and it works fine for me. No need to convert to ISO. You just seem to have a naming problem.

A bulk renamer could fix that for you relatively quickly.
(2014-10-10, 13:20)blossom24 Wrote: I use the video-ts file system and it works fine for me. No need to convert to ISO. You just seem to have a naming problem.

A bulk renamer could fix that for you relatively quickly.

Any ones in specific you can recommend? Looking for something that knows what episodes are on each disc rather than doing it manually. I would even do it manually if I could find a site to show what episodes are on what DVDs.
To batch rename files try...

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

It is purely a batch renamer, and it won't know a TV show from a jpg, but it works well for quick renaming.

I also had a bit of trouble with TV shows when I first set up my xbmc... I had a space between Sxx Exx instead of SxxExx.
(2014-10-11, 13:20)blossom24 Wrote: To batch rename files try...

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

It is purely a batch renamer, and it won't know a TV show from a jpg, but it works well for quick renaming.

I also had a bit of trouble with TV shows when I first set up my xbmc... I had a space between Sxx Exx instead of SxxExx.

Thanks. What I am really looking for a program or website were I can find what episodes are on each disc of a season of TV shows. Like Cheers Season 1 Disc 1 has episodes 1-6 or what not. Guess I will have to load each on up and manually find out. Can't find any website with the info either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv dvd rips0