Ambilight/Boblight on second screen
Rainbow 
Hi everyone,

this is my first post. I searched the forum and asked google a couple of times but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Here is what I'm after:
I use XBMC mostly with a projector connected to my laptop.
Usually I turn my laptop's screen backlight all way down; the screen turns dark anyway, as I set it to "turn off" in settings.

I have the feeling, that XBMC just renders a black screen though instead of actually turning off my screen.
So here is the idea I got from that: Instead of rendering a black screen, wouldn't it be nice to have the according ambilight colour on you screen instead?

If that is possible, would it be possible as well to adjust the colours brightness separately, so when playing a movie it's the (preferably darker) ambilight color, but upon entering a menu or hitting pause a custom colour lightens up and provides some extra light i.e. for the room so that you don't stumble on the way to the fridge Wink

Is there maybe something like that already?

Thx
This is not possible. The boblight stuff is done inside an addon. There is no API to access the second screen from the addon.

I am not really sure if you even use boblight here or if you just wanna use your laptopscreen as replacement for a real LED-based ambilight system?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Right, my bad.
Actually I didn't meant to use an ambilight/boblight setup with external lights. Those were just examples.

My idea was to use the second unused screen as a comparable light source. So instead of simply turning black when using XBMC – let's say – with a projector, the unused screen shows a fullscreen sized color matching the movies that's been played on the projector. Just like Boblight would.

Like that every two screen XBMC setup also had a build-in Boblight-comparable feature without the need of external light sources.

Anyhow, good to know that's not doable with an add-on.
At first I wasn't sure why you would do this, but your projector example actually sounds kind of neat.
This would be needed to be supported in the boblightd daemon (which i am not sure if it is even available for osx). It would have beend configured for 1LED strip with RGB (your screen) and from there on you could use the boblight addon like with any other real boblight.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ambilight/Boblight on second screen0