Win Zonealarm problem
Photo 
Hi there.

I am using 13.2 Gotham w/Zonealarm and I am having problems while connecting to my XBMC client from my Sony TV.

I've already added XBMC.exe to whitelist in Zonealarm but my TV cannot connect to my computer. On the other hand, when I shutdown Zonealarm, my TV immediately recognizes my computer as XBMC Media Server and everything works smoothly..

I know this little problem is caused by Zonealarm and (probably) nothing to do with the XBMC itself but I just wanted to ask if there is a practical solution for it, since it is getting a little annoying every time I want to stream some movies from XBMC to my TV, I have to go and shutdown Zonealarm.. Maybe some experienced Windows users can help me out..

BTW, for the past 3 months I was using another dlna server called Tvmobili and never had problems w/Zonelarm, but that thing has a bandwidth issue (you have to subscribe & pay some money after 10GB a month..) and I switched to XBMC.

Thanks in advance..

Anyone?

I thought at least one or two guys would be familiar with Zonealarm settings, but I guess not..
ZoneAlarm is your problem, please inform yourself about "pseudo firewalls". If you don't trust your windows onboard firewall, you should probably remove the network cable.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That is great advise. Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. I will immediately remove my network cable after I write this message...

I think developers should consider their software's compatibility with others (..like Zonealarm..), since some of 'em may be used by "a lot" of people. Conscious people will not give up using a solid & well-working firewall, just because a team of clumsies (or a single clot) write a fruitless piece of software which actually offers nothing but a nice interface with some listing features. That's what it is..

Going back to TvMobili.. I think it is much more "user-friendly".. and more secure.
You are welcome.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Adding XBMC.exe to the exception list only allows all opened server ports to be accessed from outside.

What you describe is that your TV "recognizes" XBMC whenever you turn off ZoneAlarm. It more sounds like you need to generally allow those service detection protocols to pass (either from PC to TV or even in both directions). Something like UPNP ports or UDP or Bonjour or what not (maybe even multicast traffic in general) (dependend on which mechanism the TV uses to detect the XBMC server).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zonealarm problem0