Please help - issue with liveTV
I have been trying to get LiveTV working 100% for over several months. I'm getting a distorted almost like de-pixel imagine, not sure how to describe it in a different words, it seems to be happening on 1080 5ch channels. When I play a video or the recording, I do not see that issue.

I'm sure someone here knows or experienced the same issue and may give me some few points.
I'm not even sure where the problem comes from, is Raspberry too slow or MythTV that is delivering the stream wrong. Could it be the settings on Raspberry PI that need to be tuned?

I appreciate any input you may have.

I have:
HDHomerun prime
Verizon
Mythtv on a virtual server vmware
Raspberry PI overclocked at 1000
Openelec latest built OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi #0924, 24-Sep-2014: Download -- Release post (iOS8 Airplay compatibility; aspect ratio fix)
I don't know, but I'm beginning to wonder if the issue is with the HDHomeRun Prime when it sends a totally live mpeg2 stream. I've seen things like this myself with my Prime, and like you, I have no issues with recorded content. I've always assumed it was a network issue where the bandwidth just barely tipped over every so often, but I keep hearing about other people with similar issues. Plus, the recordings aren't getting messed up, and a bandwidth issue should affect recordings as well.
Thanks Ned Scott for your input, I'm wondering the same here. Maybe there is someone here that may have identified the issue and will post more input, we may hopefully find a resolution. I can't switch to XBMC entirely until this is fixed, until then I have to pay around $20 monthly for a setup box.
I have hard time imagining that nobody else is having the same issue. If I could only pin point which device is in fault, then I would try to resolve it better. I may agree with you, it may be HDHomeRun but why is playing fine on recording? There must be a valid reason beyond having the channels going thru Mythtv but why not designing it to go directly to the XBMC? Is this more of an overhead when it could bypass an extra device?

I'm ok changing the backend if necessary but I do not think it is mythtv issue. In regard of Raspberry PI, it could be that it can not handle the 1080 P well. When there is a fast action, it seems to pixel or even losing frames and that is why the distortion.

Thanks
Have you tried pausing briefly?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
MythTV is just passing the video stream onto XBMC. I'm seeing issues every so often even with the Prime going directly to XBMC via UPnP. I'll try experimenting with some stuff tonight. In the back of my head I want to say that I read about it being a rare issue with the Prime firmware, but I'm probably confusing this with something else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help - issue with liveTV0