Share help from OSX to Rasp Pi
Can anyone help a complete newly here with some help as how to connect to add my OSX Shares to the File Manager or ADD Video Files over network to the Rasp Pi running XBMC?
Ive got the iMac setup with AFP and SMB turned ON.
I know the iMac's NETWORK NAME and IP

Cheers....
If you want the quickest network performance between OSX and the Raspberry Pi (very quick on Openelec)
I strongly suggest you download:

NFS-Manager

NFS in already built into OSX already, NFS-Manager is just a configuration editor.

Once this is up and running follow this mini guide and select only these options below: (Ignore the DNS window that pops up, has never seemed to affect me)

NFS Server
Share Definitions:

Hit + and then the "Select" button and choose your folders to share.

Then below the Shared folder window

Options: deselect (untick) Share "read only"
Tick - Allow clients to also mount objects in the shared folder

User Mapping: Don't map users
Minimum Security: System standard only
Access Permission: Allow access from any network computer

Hit "Apply" bottom left and you've configured your shares, you can now close NFS Manager

Now in XBMC go to the Video-->> Files Menu -->>Add Videos -->> Browse -->> Zeroconf Browser -->> Your Computer Name (NFS) -->> Select Shared Folder -->> OK

The subsequent windows and settings are up to you.

Thats it, easy once you know how!! Blush

Thats great help - thanks for that...i'm off to give that a go.
You sound like you know your stuff on OSX and Pi and XBMC.... - also having trouble with repositories from osx as XBMC doesn't seem to like the ZIP's made from OSX
any chance you would PM about this?

(2014-09-26, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: If you want the quickest network performance between OSX and the Raspberry Pi (very quick on Openelec)
I strongly suggest you download:

NFS-Manager

NFS in already built into OSX already, NFS-Manager is just a configuration editor.

Once this is up and running follow this mini guide and select only these options below: (Ignore the DNS window that pops up, has never seemed to affect me)

NFS Server
Share Definitions:

Hit + and then the "Select" button and choose your folders to share.

Then below the Shared folder window

Options: deselect (untick) Share "read only"
Tick - Allow clients to also mount objects in the shared folder

User Mapping: Don't map users
Minimum Security: System standard only
Access Permission: Allow access from any network computer

Hit "Apply" bottom left and you've configured your shares, you can now close NFS Manager

Now in XBMC go to the Video-->> Files Menu -->>Add Videos -->> Browse -->> Zeroconf Browser -->> Your Computer Name (NFS) -->> Select Shared Folder -->> OK

The subsequent windows and settings are up to you.

Thats it, easy once you know how!! Blush
No problems.

All the zips using the right click "Compress" menu in OSX finder I have ever used have had no problems with various versions of XBMC. It must be something within the contents of the file causing problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share help from OSX to Rasp Pi0