Help!!! :)
Hey guys,

we are running some holiday rentals in Spain and we would love to implement XBMC to our entertainment-systems.
We do have PC*s running Win 7 in each house. What we do want our XBMC-installations to have, are those functions:

1. Personalised welcome screen with some animation
  2. light design
  3. access to on server stored videos and audios
  4. TV from Sat-IP
  5. Sky, if possible
  6. access skype and make calls
  7. access documentation and be able to fullfill enquieres, etc.
  8. access to a web browser

we would like the computers to become the control center, which the guest are able to do everything they want to do with.
The guest comes in, turns on the PC and will be asked for the language of his/her choise (only once) and after that, they will just see a nice animation, followed by the apearing of the "home screen", with the upper mantioned functions, just like in bigger hotels, only cooler! Smile
Is that possible with xbmc? And if the answer is "yes", could someone of you guys help and show me how to make it happen?

Thank you in advance and best reguards from Tenerife

Pascal
Happy to be proved wrong, but I don't think this is the product you need...[/align]
Perhaps there is something else out there that might be specifically targeted towards this kind of thing, but I am aware that there is some commercial adaption of XBMC-Kodi that some hotels run.

Off the Top

1) Custom splash screen is done by quite a few.
2) Skins of various types
3) NAS through LAN has been with us a while.
4) TV through a tuner, not sure if this stretches to Sat tuner.
5) Investigate handling of streams
6) Once a browser is up, Skype or Google Voice.
7) Not really sure here... your own information as jpegs?
8) Chrome Launcher for the web browser.

None of this will happen without a bit of fitting and compromises.
All of this can be done if you learn how to set it up, or pay someone to set it up for you.
Thanks for your answers guys! Does anyone know someone to ask for this setup? Or do you know "better" tools, that fit my needs better then XBMC?

Thanks in advance.
A Diamond Sponsor of XBMC-Kodi http://www.at-visions.com/

http://cubicgarden.com/2013/05/14/xbmc-u...el-system/

Think there's some information in the Wiki about this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help!!! :)1