Android Some personal preferences
Hi,

First of all, I love the skin, but since everyone has different taste and needs we can't expect everything to be fitting like a glove for every user.

For me, these are a bunch of things that would make my experience heavenly. Blush

I have xbmc installed on ipad 4 and tab S.

》- When working at -25% brightness the difference between the categories and sub- categories makes it hard to read the sub- categories
( maybe sub-categories are a bit to dark.)

》- when swiping horizontally through categories or movies in wrap info it acts a bit to much like wheel of Fortune. You stop at a movie, but it still rolls a bit and jumps to another movie.

》- is there a way to make the home in the top left corner... and the little "x" to close a choice dialog a bit bigger.
Sometimes takes me +5 tries to hit the button. (FYI, I may or may not have fingersthat are a bit bigger than norm. Big Grin )

》- The swipe motion in 3D wrap seems a bit irratic

》- In wrap info: tapping on a movie left or right of the one that is highlighted, should maybe move to that movie.

》- In wrap info, the poster of the first selected movie is bigger than the rest & stands out from the rest (nice)
But when scrolling to another movie, this feature is gone.

》- after watching a trailer in "movie information" going "back" goes directly to the main page of xbmc, not back to the movie, or movie library.

》- I have seen cool uses of disc art is some other skin. The dvd disc of that movie popping up, spinning when starting/loading etc....

》- is there a way i could hold both normal movies and 3D movies in the library (but have 3D very clearly marked as 3D before starting the movie)
Maybe by some sort of customizing settings.. like being able to make a rule linked to a folder name
Folder #3D# mark with tags and/or logo "3D"

.....Undecided sorry, it's a bit much.
Hi mysteryliner and thanks for the nice words. Scarfa gets the credits as the original creator. I'm maintaining, updating and bugfixing the skin since he seems to have left the project Smile

It's great with a lot of feedback. This and bug reports are always welcome as it improves the skin.

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- When working at -25% brightness the difference between the categories and sub- categories makes it hard to read the sub- categories
( maybe sub-categories are a bit to dark.)

I have changed the opacity of the home screen submenus to be 10% brighter when they are unfocused. This will be included in the next update.

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- when swiping horizontally through categories or movies in wrap info it acts a bit to much like wheel of Fortune. You stop at a movie, but it still rolls a bit and jumps to another movie.

I will take a look at it, although I'm not sure there's anything to do.

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- is there a way to make the home in the top left corner... and the little "x" to close a choice dialog a bit bigger.
Sometimes takes me +5 tries to hit the button. (FYI, I may or may not have fingersthat are a bit bigger than norm. Big Grin )

I use XBMC on several iPads as well and don't seem to experience difficulties with this. I admit that they maybe are a bit small, but it would break the design increasing the size. Maybe I can increase the size of the close button on dialogs Smile

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- The swipe motion in 3D wrap seems a bit irratic

I agree. The animations definately needs some attention and it's on my list.

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- In wrap info: tapping on a movie left or right of the one that is highlighted, should maybe move to that movie.

》- In wrap info, the poster of the first selected movie is bigger than the rest & stands out from the rest (nice)
But when scrolling to another movie, this feature is gone.

You're absolutely right. I have experienced this as well, and XBMC/Rapier seems to have difficulties keeping the focus on touch devices. I will take a look at the animations to see if there's anything to do. Sometimes it helps tapping the movie for a while longer.

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- after watching a trailer in "movie information" going "back" goes directly to the main page of xbmc, not back to the movie, or movie library.

How do you go back? If you press with two fingers it always goes back to the home screen.

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- I have seen cool uses of disc art is some other skin. The dvd disc of that movie popping up, spinning when starting/loading etc....

Maybe Rapier will support this in the future. I like the idea, but right now the list of things to do/fix is very long Smile

(2014-09-26, 22:31)mysteryliner Wrote: 》- is there a way i could hold both normal movies and 3D movies in the library (but have 3D very clearly marked as 3D before starting the movie)
Maybe by some sort of customizing settings.. like being able to make a rule linked to a folder name
Folder #3D# mark with tags and/or logo "3D"

3D movies are automatically detected by XBMC and Rapier has support for a 3D media flag. Personally, I add a "(3D)" after the movie title to make them stand out.

Hope this helps Smile
Christian
thanks for the quick response.

Quote:(about the question of watching previews) How do you go back? If you press with two fingers it always goes back to the home screen.
if i go back by pressing the "back arrow" it goes to the add-ons section
if i press & hold it returns to the main menu.
(but i think there is something wrong with the youtube add-on. it goes back to the confluence default. and no matter what i choose there it always brings up video thumbnails (forcing me back to the main menu when i watched the trailer.

And my 3D movies are not recognized as such. only after i open 1, manually change the 3D settings... Then the 3D logo appears. (but thats for another section of the forum i imagine.

To give you an idea of what i mean with:

Quote:when swiping horizontally through categories or movies in wrap info it acts a bit to much like wheel of Fortune. You stop at a movie, but it still rolls a bit and jumps to another movie.
dropbox link: jump in wrap info

and the irratic swipe motion in 3D wrap
dropbox link: 3D wrap movements

anyway, thanks for the nice feedback & continuing work on this lovely skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some personal preferences0