Win How to bypass scrapping
It's been months since I've shown a bug in xbmc/tvdb/ that still exists today.

I've a particular french tv show, The Accursed Kings, one made in 1972 and a remix done in 2005, both valid entries on tvdb but only one is scrapped...
When I previously reported the issue I got bounced back and forth between xbmc and tvdb as obviously nobody would care to take the matter seriously and it just pisses me off !

So, I remembered reading something about issuing the information myself in nfo format by the way of some software I don't recall the name, does this mean something to somebody ?
There are 2 separate shows on thetvdb. "The accursed kings (1972) "and "the accursed kings". The latter is the 2005 show. If you name your files accordingly they should scrape fine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-27, 02:57)idoru17 Wrote: It's been months since I've shown a bug in xbmc/tvdb/ that still exists today.
It's not a bug, though.

Just name the folder "The accursed kings (1972)" for the 1972-show and you're good to go. Another method would be to simply refresh the show inside xbmc and select the correct show.

Here is an example for the show Archer

The show "Archer" is from 1975, the show "Archer (2009)" is from 2009. Just select the correct one, and that should do the trick as well.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Naming is everything.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-27, 02:57)idoru17 Wrote: So, I remembered reading something about issuing the information myself in nfo format by the way of some software I don't recall the name, does this mean something to somebody ?

You can use mediaelch or another external application to format the NFO, or if you want to do it yourself:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files

but.. the above replies are the simplest way to fix the problem
The only I haven't tried so far was removing the 2005 at the end of the last one, I tried it and it worked, so nice and thanks, even if I don't understand why putting the year in the name path prevented the srapper to work.
because there is no show named "the accursed kings (2005)" on the tvdb, only "the accursed kings" and "the accursed kings (1972)".

Naming is everything. If in doubt check the thetvdb.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to bypass scrapping0