Another lost connection thread
I'd like to try the timeshifting feature it's supposed to have but I don't know how to get NextPVR to work.
I have installed and enabled it, but I keep getting the 'lost connect' error message.
Any tips? I'm using OpenElec 4.0.7
Logs?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think what you're after is here - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=305221
From about event # 1795 I'd guess.

Any help would be appreciated.
Line 1839 shows me that you have configured the NextPVR addon to connect to the same machine (127.0.0.1). This is obviously wrong as NextPVR backend doesn't run on openelec/linux does it? It's a windows programme.

So put in the correct IP address, the address of the windows machine that runs NextPVR.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ah okay I had no idea it needed Windows.
Thanks anyway but I'll pass on it.
Tvheadend may work for you. Have you read PVR (wiki) ?
Yes TvHeadend work just fine. But it doesn't seem to have timeshifting, etc.
I suggest you ask about that in the PVR -tvheadend forum.
According to this tvheadend has live time shifting. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR_backend#Linux
TVHeadend does indeed have live time shifting but you have to enable it on the backend. Configuration -> Recording ->Time shift. You need to set a path for the recorder to use and then enable time shifting.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yep a more nerdy friend of mine who knows the XBMC far better than I do told me, and I've enabled the setting.
Ta!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another lost connection thread0