Bug "Exclude selected folder from scans" not working
I have a folder of extras in one of my tv shows' folder. The extras are named SxxExx-deletedscenes.avi, so the scraper picks them up as 2nd copies of some episodes. These files are being scraped, even though I set that Extras folder to be excluded from scans.

The folder layout is this:

TV Shows
--- The Office (US)
------ Extras
------ Season 1
------ Season 2 etc.

To reproduce:

In some TV Show folder (The Office), right click subfolder (Extras) -> change content -> this directory contains none + exclude selected folder from scans.
XBMC then asks "Do you want to remove all items within this path from the XBMC library?" hit yes. (Interestingly these's another bug - XBMC removes the entire TV show from the library, instead of just the subfolder "Extras" I changed.)
Lastly, scan for new content. The files in the "excluded" subfolder still get scraped.

This works for any subfolder. I just tried with another TV show, excluded one of the seasons, removed all items in the path, re-scan, and that season still shows up.
debug log (wiki)
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=305400

And I just realized I posted this in Kodi general help but this is happening in Gotham. I can retry in Kodi - it's likely the same thing will happen.
If you going via video > files > source/tvshow > extras directory and select none there for content and make sure the remainder works xbmc in your case should not remove entire content that's not under that directory. Very odd that if it does. Ill try to do that here and see how it goes though Im not using 13,2

In any case as long as there is no content set you shouldn't need to select skip this path on lib updates even if it isnt skipped thers no content set no scarper assigned and nothing should be scraped except where such content has been set.
Right, I selected None for content, and then xbmc removes not just the "extras" directory content but the entire show (the office). Then if I rescan, the office gets added back (including extras).
And yes, content is set to none, and I selected skip for scans just to be sure, but it still gets scraped. It seems like XBMC is recursively scanning from my "TV Shows" folder into each subfolder, but is ignoring the fact that the Extras subfolder was excluded.
(2014-09-28, 18:05)wscottj5 Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=305400

And I just realized I posted this in Kodi general help but this is happening in Gotham. I can retry in Kodi - it's likely the same thing will happen.

Kodi = XBMC. The version number codenames are Gotham and Helix, but XBMC itself is being renamed to Kodi :)

It's a little confusing right now :)
(2014-09-29, 02:28)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 18:05)wscottj5 Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=305400

Kodi = XBMC. The version number codenames are Gotham and Helix, but XBMC itself is being renamed to Kodi Smile

It's a little confusing right now Smile

Whoops! I saw Kodi and thought it was the next codename. Sorry!
Not sure why it would do this. I'll try reproducing the issue on my side.
Did you get a chance to try it out?
Works for me. I tried it both with setting content to "none" and with leaving the content type as either movies or TV shows, with a folder called "extras", but both times it wouldn't scan files in there as "exclude selected folder" was set.
Well, is there any way I can debug this?

Here's visual proof - Am I doing anything wrong?
http://imgur.com/a/VVQaj

Is there any way it being on a mapped network drive would cause some issue?
I'm honestly not sure.
It should work just fine, network map or not.

Try with a nightly just in case,
I created an account just to say that I'm experiencing this exact issue, I can't get it to ignore my Farscape extras folder without it removing the entire show. I tried the things mentioned here, but so far my experience matches wscottj exactly.

I'm running 14.01 ALPHA 4, and it is over a samba networked drive.
I will add here that I am experiencing precisely the same issue, running 13.2 crystalbuntu on my Apple TV, over an SMB share as well.

My workaround was to pull the Extras folder out of the main Futurama folder, name it "Futurama Extras", and then set content to "none" and exclude it from future scans.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Exclude selected folder from scans" not working0