Bug "Exclude selected folder from scans" not working
I experience exactly the same issue on Kodi 15.0 (21 July 2015).

I have the following folder structure

> Videos
>> TV Shows
>>> Breaking Bad
>>>> Extra's
>>>> Season 1
>>>> Season 2
>>>> Season 3
>>>> Season 4
>>>> Season 5

The "TV Shows" folder is added as "source" for TV Shows in Kodi, and set to scan recursively. However:
  1. Under Kodi > Videos > Files > Breaking Bad, the "Extra's" folder is explicitly set to "Content - Note" and the "Exclude folder from library updates" is checked
  2. Inside the "Extra's" folder I placed a .nomedia file

Both approaches work fine for Movies, but both settings get ignored when used with TV-shows. The Extra's content gets scanned and wrongly displayed in library on every single Library Update. This drives me nuts.
I want to be able to keep the TV show extra's in the dedicated show folder, and if computer is stupid enough not to be able to tell an extra from an episode, then I want to at least be able to exclude a folder from scan manually. So why are both methods getting ignored for TV Shows?
You're using scan for new content or the "regular" update library from the sidebar? Please enable debug logging, reproduce the issue and pastebin the entire log.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've been having the same issue and I think that I found a solution.

To put it short, in my case this problem was caused because I have added more than 1 path to a single source in Kodi. E.g., I had created 1 source for TV Shows, and added 2 locations (or paths or folder, whatever) to it.

When I added those paths as 2 separate sources, the problem was gone!

Just make sure that the parent folder for every source has a unique name, e.g. adding the following 2 folders as sources:
G:\Video\TV Shows
H:\Video\TV Shows

will not solve the issue and will mess even more stuff up,

But adding the following folders works:
G:\Video\TV Shows
H:\Video\TV Shows 2

(Read this post for more details).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Exclude selected folder from scans" not working0