Android XBMC for screen mirroring...?
Is it possibly to use XBMC (from smartphone) for casting on TV's screen, probably using some Add-on or plug-in...?
Thanks for attention.
Only if you could do this from the phone's side, and even then, probably not. Currently, XBMC doesn't support miracast, which is what most smartphones use to mirror the entire screen.

There are some screen-recording apps out there that can capture the screen and make it a generic video stream, and XBMC can possibly play that, but it isn't a very reliable solution.

The best bet is to simply run a different application along side XBMC/Kodi for playing screen mirroring.
(2014-09-29, 02:34)Ned Scott Wrote: The best bet is to simply run a different application along side XBMC/Kodi for playing screen mirroring.

I cannot believe, but i couldn't find a 3rd-party application, that is able to make screen mirror to TV from smartphone...
There are a few ones, but with a lot of limitations - need from Internet link, WLAN connection or some chromecast alike stick or usb extension for doing the job...?
If u can recommend me a software, it would be very nicely...
My scheme is simple - smartphone-wi-fi hotspot-smart TV, nothing else...Smile
microsoft's screen mirroring hdmi stick uses direct wifi to mirror the whole screen from what I read of it.

There are two versions I think, you can pick up the one's bundled with the surface pro 3 for pretty cheap, maybe that would work?

The chrome cast differs from the Microsoft sticks in that it does the streaming itself but the Microsoft one relies on the device casting to download the stream.

Someone told me chromecast would be supporting direct wi-fi soon though, how true it is don't know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for screen mirroring...?0