Linux xbmcbuntu: Need help installing AMD proprietary drivers.
I can't for the life of me get the AMD proprietary drivers installed. I followed installation guide 2.1 here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/AMD

When I try sudo aticonfig --initial

I get the following error. "sudo: aticonfig: command not found"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
its amdconfig since some time now. Just note that you will not have any hardware video decoding with fglrx...
I have the same issue with amdconfig:

"sudo: amdconfig: command not found:

Here is what I've been using.

Save a backup copy of xorg.conf in case this doesn't work.

sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.BAK
Remove/purge current fglrx and fglrx-amdcccle (If you have used a method outside of aptitude, apt, Software Center or Synaptic, follow the other party's instructions for removal). You will need to deliberately remove both the normal and -updates versions in recent releases of Ubuntu because it seems that attempting to remove one installs the other:

sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates
Reboot.
You may need to install the linux generic headers

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic
Install the driver:

sudo apt-get install fglrx fglrx-amdcccle
or

sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates
Generate a fresh xorg.conf BEFORE REBOOTING!

sudo aticonfig --initial
or:

sudo amdconfig --initial
If you are using multiple AMD graphics cards or AMD dual graphics (i.e.: notebook users), use:

sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
or:

sudo amdconfig --adapter=all --initial

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep getting this error during installation.

update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/ld.so.conf because link group x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf is broken
update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/fglrx/alt_ld.so.conf to provide /etc/ld.so.conf.d/i386-linux-gnu_GL.conf (i386-linux-gnu_gl_conf) in auto mode

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu: Need help installing AMD proprietary drivers.0