Issue with SMB after upgrading from 12.3 to Gothom or kodi
Relevant info first:
AMD Athlon x4 630
Windows 7Pro Sp1
Xbmc 12.3 (now)
Pointing to SMB shares on 24TB UnRaid server

Been using for a few yeas now. I have the userdata folder backed up nightly as once I had an issue and lost the DB, just a pain to rescan. When the Gothom update came, I updated and when I fired it up, nothing would play ( this is my main entertainment source on the one TV we have) I just got file not available. When I went to the Videos/Files, all my SMB shares were not accesible. So rather than fix what was not really broken, I just reverted back to 12.3....and done.

Fast forward to today, and I updated my copy of "Friends" to the new HEVC h.265 codec, and they don't play on my windows box (funny enough, they stream to my android tablet through Skifta just fine using MX Player with Arm Codec) so I googled the new codec and see that it's supported in the new Kodi 14. So I got my scheduled downtime to re and re the TV between episodes and upgraded to 14 after verifying that my nightly backup was good. After the upgrade, there was two issues: first was that the home screen was blank (until I hit the "menu" on the android device) and second, I went directly to the Vidoes/Files and checked my SMB shares and all were not working. Tried going to my root folder in the File Manager there was nothing connecting there as well. The PC has no issues with connectivity, and I check that the connectivity on Kodi was fine, as I can connect to the Video Add ons (tested Ice Films and Solar Movies) and all was well. DNS was working so I should have no issues resolving the ad on's.

Soooo....the million dollar question is how do I get the SMB connectivity restored? This seems to be the issue with 13 and 14. Any help that can be thrown my way would be appreciated.

Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with SMB after upgrading from 12.3 to Gothom or kodi0